PDA

View Full Version : How do some people wrap a grip so perfectly?

Pr0DiGy
08-08-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm looking at my handle and pictures, and im wondering how people wrap a grip so perfectly. The line things are perfectly parallel, something i could never do. Is there some sort of special technique to make to grip so perfectly straight and aligned? Also, i find the tourna grip really short on my ncode nsix-one tour 90. do you guys stretch the grip or something? I barely overlap it, so that doesnt seem to be the problem. Any help would be great. Thanks guys

damasta55
08-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Get the xl tournagrip, the original most of the time can't fit modern racquets. Yes the overgrip is supposed to stretch a little. Just wrap it and be coordinated so its uniform.

kchau
08-08-2006, 11:42 PM
just
do it over and over again, i have to wrap at least a grip a day at the shop i work at,

you just get better and better at it.

xtremerunnerars
08-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Practice certainly is a good way. You should be sure that you don't waste too much starting off the grip. Get it covered at the first part, and then start the wrapping. You don't want to barely wrap it, as it'll move, but enough that it stays on.

It's good that you're learning though, because you'll be somewhere when you won't have someone to do it for you.

*edit* if you had looked down half a page, you'll see court jester recommended http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=109034 . Read lakoste's post, it's very helpful, as it has pictures. To make that diagonal cut, do what the tennis warehouse video for replacement grips says to do. Make one mark where it reaches the top with a pen, and then another where it completely covers that last diagonal wrap. Cut the full diagonal line, don't just stop at the first mark. It looks much more professional that way.

tennisboy87
08-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Practice makes perfect. The more you do it, the better you'll get.

Ripper
08-10-2006, 07:46 AM
Wrapping grips is like playing tennis; some of us are just more talented for it than the rest :mrgreen:

Pr0DiGy
08-10-2006, 09:21 PM
thanks for all your help guys

tonysk83
08-10-2006, 09:30 PM
The first few wraps are the most important without a doubt, if I start a grip off good, usually it always turns out great.

BiGGieStuFF
08-10-2006, 09:34 PM
I used to get a crease at the bottom of the handle when i started out and it annoyed me like crazy. I figured out that I had to pull the overgrip a bit to stretch it out.