PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Federer gets a psychological boost by it being called........

BreakPoint
08-09-2006, 10:37 AM
...... the "Rogers Masters"? ;)

I mean, as if Federer didn't already have the most confidence, is the most dominant, is expected to win every tournament he enters, but they have to already concede that he owns this Masters Series event even before it starts by calling it "Roger's Masters"? ;) LOL

What's next? Changing the name "ATP Tour" to "Roger's Tour"? :mrgreen: LOL

pound cat
08-09-2006, 10:55 AM

I mean, as if Federer didn't already have the most confidence, is the most dominant, is expected to win every tournament he enters, but they have to already concede that he owns this Masters Series event even before it starts by calling it "Roger's Masters"? ;) LOL

If he owned Rogers communications, he could show nothing but his matches over and over again...that would be ego-boosting and an easy way to get Nadal out of the public eye.

helloworld
08-09-2006, 10:57 AM
This thread is pointless and it's going nowhere. Next !

sureshs
08-09-2006, 11:03 AM
It will be a big embarrasment to him when he loses to Rafa in the final. "Rafa gets Roger's cup" will unsettle him and he will lose to him again in Cincy and the USO.

TennisBatman
08-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Now, wait till Nadal wins the tournament and changes his English name to
Roger. Then it would be Roger Nadal!

SER
08-09-2006, 11:09 AM
it shouldn't be too long before Federer actually does have events named after him

armand
08-09-2006, 11:31 AM
I was at Tuesday night's match and BP's onto something; they even sang Happy Birthday to him and brought out a giant bday cake! If he doesn't own the joint, I'm certain someone who really likes him does!

PS He seemed to enjoy the cake. I almost caught one of his autographed balls, but didn't care enough to jump over the dude in front of me. If it was his racquet, I woulda fought to the death for it however. And someone actually thru back one of his balls and it hit him when he was walking away! Roger picked it up and blasted it out of the stadium. The crowd cheered.

Chang
08-09-2006, 10:44 PM
I didn't realise the event was named after him.

tennisfanatic
08-09-2006, 11:10 PM
I didn't realise the event was named after him.

It was not name after him... these guys are just kiddin...LOL:mrgreen:

Rhino
08-10-2006, 04:34 AM
I was at Tuesday night's match and BP's onto something; they even sang Happy Birthday to him and brought out a giant bday cake! If he doesn't own the joint, I'm certain someone who really likes him does!

Definitely. I was there on Monday night and they let him declare the tournament officially open, in front of Lendl etc. Which was weird because people had already been playing all day.
Also check out the crowd he draws when practicing. On Monday he was practicing on court 4, I've never seen so many people, he was mobbed. Then on Tuesday morning I saw Nadal practice on the same court and I was easily able to get to the front of the barrier. Then after Nadal, Gaudio turned up and there must've been about 5 people watching!

pauldogg
08-10-2006, 04:41 AM
yes but when nadal and gaudio was playing doubles on tuesday the court 4 or 1 (i dont know exactly which one it was) was full.. i could barely see their faces.. :/

The Grand Slam
08-10-2006, 06:36 AM
Won't be long now before people actually start adding an apostrophe... xD

Chang
08-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Nah, it just puts more pressure on Federer to win it. Imagine is another player wins it. ............ wins ROGER'S CUP.

Rickson
08-10-2006, 07:58 PM

He also owns the ladies with the Fed cup.

BreakPoint
08-10-2006, 08:42 PM
He also owns the ladies with the Fed cup.

Good one, Rickson! ;) LOL