PDA

View Full Version : What's the most strange WO reason you've seen?

peter
08-09-2006, 12:21 PM
What's the most strange WO reason you've seen?

I'm in charge of a tournament that's we're running right now and so far I've received two walk-overs from players. The first one wasn't so strange (a broken thumb) but the last one... A guy had met a new woman two weeks ago and was now busy getting married so - ergo WO reason: Sudden marriage...

TennisProPaul
08-09-2006, 01:59 PM
cool thread.

i was playing in a tourn last week and was to play in the quarters but defaulted walkover for this reason:

Im a massage therapist, and have a female client that likes a good sensual massage from time to time. She emailed me and told me she was super horny and wanted to see me from 10am-2pm. She pays me good for my time, and she is very hot, so i had to default.

wo/booty call

ucd_ace
08-09-2006, 02:58 PM
One guy I know ended up giving someone a walk over because he "Had to eat his Froot Loops and watch Scooby Doo," and it took too long and he ended up showing up after he had been defaulted. I'm not sure if he was high or not, it's a possibility, but I could see him doing it on clean air too.

GRANITECHIEF
08-09-2006, 03:11 PM
In the recent SB Open, the #1 for UCSB lost 7-5,6-1 +/- to a decent high school player. Speculated reason; he wanted to go watch the world cup final.

Played him, his partner was another UCSB teammate, last nite in dubs for our summer dubs league. My partner was an ex tour player that is about 40 and is the head pro at our club. We lost 6-3, 6-4. UC #1 guy made an INSANE behind the back, no look volley, for a winner after a 5 shot volley volley exchange near the end of the 2nd set. I ended up getting broken in that game. Had 3 bp's to get back on in the next game, but didn't convert.

I have a strong suspicion that if he didn't make that prayer shot, we woulda won in a match TB. Fun stuff, especially the keg of anchor steam afterwards.

BigServer1
08-09-2006, 08:51 PM
cool thread.

i was playing in a tourn last week and was to play in the quarters but defaulted walkover for this reason:

Im a massage therapist, and have a female client that likes a good sensual massage from time to time. She emailed me and told me she was super horny and wanted to see me from 10am-2pm. She pays me good for my time, and she is very hot, so i had to default.

wo/booty call

If this is true (and I have no reason to believe that it isn't), then you are the hero of many a man out there. Way to go. That has to be the coolest, most satisfying loss that you've ever had in your tennis career.