PDA

View Full Version : Should my dad have quit?

Viper
08-09-2006, 03:49 PM
My dad is a total football(american) fanatic. Typical American male, loves it, eats it, sleeps it. So he finally got a coaching job up at my high-school as an assistant coach. The head-coach THEN offered him the position as head-Junior Varsity coach, and my dad took it.

So on the first day of practice, everything went well. He was happy running plays, keeping the kids in order, and being a great overall coach.

But the next day the head coach said that the Varsity team was gonna practive with the JV from now on. He also said that the Varsity team's job is to win the championship and that the JV's was to have fun.

So in the practice instead of an even JV vs. V it was Varsity vs. JV with big green pads so they don't get hurt. The JV wasn't allowed to make plays for them, just long enough for the Varsity team to get to run theirs.

My dad said that he didn't want to coach a team that was gonna be a punching bag for the varsity team, and affect my tennis, so he went down about 15 minutes ago to resign. I feel bad for him because he was really looking forward to this, and it turned out to be a dud.

So do you think that he should have quit or not?

sinatra161
08-09-2006, 04:26 PM
No one here can say whether your Father should have quit or not!But I certainly understand why he is/did!I hope he has Good luck on finding a position elsewhere!

Freedom
08-09-2006, 05:34 PM
I can see his point. I wouldn't want to coach a team that gets no respect from the school, especially from the "head" coach, even when that "head" coach will end up with those guys on Varsity in a couple years.

snoflewis
08-09-2006, 06:01 PM
and plus..the JV guys are never going to be able to reach their full potential if they're not getting any attention

Andy Hewitt
08-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Wait, how would that affect your tennis? YOU'RE on the JV team?