PDA

View Full Version : Accidental Racquet Breaks?

ubel
08-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Was out serve practicing today and I developed a really fun game with myself (point game based on direction/depth). I was getting into it and then.. my racquet flew out of my hand straight into the service box, accompanied by a nice loud crunch. I knew it was over before I even walked over to pick it up, and unfortunately this is my only racquet. The strangest thing is, I wasn't even slightly annoyed that it was broken.. I was just really sad that I couldn't continue my game.

Got me thinking, how did you guys break your first racquet, if you've ever?

Freedom
08-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Well, to be fair, it really hasn't broken. I took a cheapo K-Mart racquet out to my patio and whacked it (repeatedly) on the cement to see what would happen. I lost some paint, the part of the throat where the mains loop disconnected from one of the beams, and the racquet is grotesquely bent. Oddly, the strings are still intact.

mistapooh
08-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Brand new POG, probably around 2 weeks old. Overhead smash into the net cord =) and I cracked it at 2 o'clock.

Looking back, I'm glad I did it because the new version of the POG is horrible without customization.

ShcMad
08-10-2006, 06:41 AM
It was a humid day, and I was practicing serves alone in the park. I always used overgrips, but that day, I wanted to know how bare leather feels like. Big mistake. It slipped out of my hand, and cracked at 7 and 5 o'clock positions. Funny thing is that, I didn't even notice the cracks at first, and was looking at my leather grip and saying "Oh, no, my grip is scratched"

I was very sad for the remainder of the day. But, the same day, I came home and ordered the same racquet from TW.

tennis_nerd22
08-10-2006, 07:36 AM
Well, to be fair, it really hasn't broken. I took a cheapo K-Mart racquet out to my patio and whacked it (repeatedly) on the cement to see what would happen. I lost some paint, the part of the throat where the mains loop disconnected from one of the beams, and the racquet is grotesquely bent. Oddly, the strings are still intact.

haha, that made me laugh :D

maverick66
08-10-2006, 07:58 AM
my first racket break after arguing with a coach(not mine) for like an hour. best advice ever dont go play after a bad argument because it gets ugly. i lost 6-0 6-0 didnt really even try. took the racket and shattered it. hit off the ground off the fence off a pole and finally threw it into a tree and left it. to no surprise when i showed up the next day for training i was running and got a nice speach from my coach.

HellBunni
08-10-2006, 09:17 AM
was playing doubles, served ,aced but racquet and the ball hit the court around the same time, lol.

tarheels2323
08-10-2006, 09:31 AM
The first and only racquet I broke was during my sophomore or junior year in high school. I looked down at the frame and saw a small crack one day, which developed into a larger crack and eventually the frame snapped. My coach (who I bought all my racquets from) sent it back to Wilson and they replaced it.

fishuuuuu
08-10-2006, 09:32 AM
I was hitting a serve, and then my racquet broke at the 3 and 9. I was sad, the end.

ucd_ace
08-10-2006, 10:59 PM
I hit an overhead and it broke all over the place... it never left my hand... and now I no longer use Babolats after that.