PDA

View Full Version : Pro's white overgrips.

Lloyd Barcenilla
08-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Pro's who use white overgrips on telly, their grips never seem to get dirty. WHy is this?

Aggro
08-10-2006, 02:28 PM
because they change their grips after every match - and most likely the players that use white overgrips don't sweat much on the hands. I sweat like mad on my head and back but hands stay dry :)

Lloyd Barcenilla
08-10-2006, 02:32 PM
because they change their grips after every match - and most likely the players that use white overgrips don't sweat much on the hands. I sweat like mad on my head and back but hands stay dry :)

Mine seem to get dirty in under 5 sets, i don't even sweat much

lacoster
08-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Pro's who use white overgrips on telly, their grips never seem to get dirty. WHy is this?

Because they get what seems like a lifetime supply for free.
________
PORTABLE VAPORIER REVIEW (http://vaporizer.org/portable)

Lleyton Hewitt
08-10-2006, 02:56 PM
also they do have a towel to wipe there hands

Lleyton Hewitt
08-10-2006, 02:57 PM
After Every Point!!

Dan007
08-10-2006, 03:00 PM

Because they switch rackets or regrip their racket during the changeover.

djarc
08-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Its magic.

Jonnyf
08-10-2006, 03:08 PM
No, there grips are dirty you just cant see it on the tv camera, like ive held novak djokovic's rackets at davis cup and it had clay marks on it

Lloyd Barcenilla
08-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Because they switch rackets or regrip their racket during the changeover.

I don't see nadal and federer regrip or change rackets often

Jonnyf
08-10-2006, 03:19 PM
I don't see nadal and federer regrip or change rackets often

Think about it, fed for one only changes over at change overs unless he breaks a string and theres always advertising breaks during chaneovers so you miss it

Lloyd Barcenilla
08-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Think about it, fed for one only changes over at change overs unless he breaks a string and theres always advertising breaks during chaneovers so you miss it

good point, anyway, i might move to some yellow or navy supergrap? is supergrap good?

MTChong
08-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Supergrap is a pretty good grip.

Also, the courts there are much more clean so the balls don't pick up as much dirt. I find that when my grip gets dirty, it's the top portion due to my left hand handling the tennis balls and after that, from placing it on the grip for a two-handed backhand. I find that when I play at the club courts with new balls, my grip doesn't get noticeably dirty.

Lloyd Barcenilla
08-10-2006, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=MTChong]Supergrap is a pretty good grip.QUOTE]

Supergrap or wilson pro?

JohnMatrix
08-10-2006, 05:10 PM

Try washing your hands for once then you dirty dog

Forehand Forever
08-10-2006, 05:14 PM

lol. I use a white overgri p. I've had it about a week or two but I haven't been playing much due to a shoulder injury.

doriancito
08-10-2006, 05:31 PM
they always put new grips plus...on hard it is ahrder for them to egt dirty since there is no clay around to stick tot he grip. and some say their grips are diferent making them less dirty catch

BigServer1
08-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Supergrap or wilson pro?

Wilson Pro.

d_frank
08-10-2006, 05:47 PM
they use the racquet for such a short period before it is regripped that it really doesnt have time to get dirty..

If federer changes to a fresh racquet every time the balls are changed (every 7 or 9 games?), and he has 5 or more racquets on hand per match, I really dont think he needs to waste his time regripping his racquets on changeovers.

andyroddick's mojo
08-10-2006, 06:37 PM
remember, lots of pros switch rackets in between so they get a new grip with it.

djarc
08-10-2006, 07:19 PM
I would go wilson pro overgrip it's definitely one of the best grips on the market so you can't go wrong. I've converted a few friends over from their oh so sacred tourna grips. Other good ogrips would be the yonex supergrap and the babolat overgrips (I forget what they're called) Only problem with babo overgrips is that they don't come in bulk =/ what is that all about? Anyone think wilson is going to come out with black pro overgrip (in bulk)? It'd be a welcome addition to their lineup.

TennisProPaul
08-10-2006, 08:17 PM

lol wtf

TennisProPaul
08-10-2006, 08:18 PM
I would go wilson pro overgrip it's definitely one of the best grips on the market so you can't go wrong. I've converted a few friends over from their oh so sacred tourna grips. Other good ogrips would be the yonex supergrap and the babolat overgrips (I forget what they're called) Only problem with babo overgrips is that they don't come in bulk =/ what is that all about? Anyone think wilson is going to come out with black pro overgrip (in bulk)? It'd be a welcome addition to their lineup.

my wilson rep friend just sold me a 30 pack roll of wilson pro in NEW black

yeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Jonnyf
08-11-2006, 12:36 AM
they use the racquet for such a short period before it is regripped that it really doesnt have time to get dirty..

If federer changes to a fresh racquet every time the balls are changed (every 7 or 9 games?), and he has 5 or more racquets on hand per match, I really dont think he needs to waste his time regripping his racquets on changeovers.

Yeah i meant chaning rackets not overgrips sory for not being clear enough