PDA

View Full Version : Drum Corps International

Bobcat07
08-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Hey...I was just wondering how many of you have ever watched/marched in a drum and bugle corps? It's finals week and I am glued to dci.org. So all of you corps fans...who is going to take it?

nickybol
08-11-2006, 03:20 AM
Well I play the drumset, but I don`t really like marching (I did it a few times) because it seems very militaristic. But I think that`s a matter of taste.

Nuke
08-11-2006, 06:17 AM
Just like every year in recent memory, it's between the Cavaliers and the Blue Devils. My kids have both been in high school marching band, and I've been to the local DCI showcase a few times, and the DCI quarterfinal simulcast at the movies. BTW, this year's simulcast was last night.

chrisplchs
08-11-2006, 08:08 AM
I been to a DCI show.. amazing what some of those people can do. Really it is usually what the drum line what makes it interesting for me. sure those trumpets and brass can march perfectly and play really well but man.. those drummer and their antics.. just crazy to watch...

but if i had to pick, i would probably rather go watch florida A&M football games at halftime.. now thats entertainment

Topaz
08-11-2006, 09:47 AM
I've been to DCI, and let me tell you...they are all so good, I don't know how they choose a winner!

Fee
08-11-2006, 08:22 PM
I dated a DCI guy, ages ago. It was kind of fun, but yeah, the Blue Devils are always in the middle of it.

Nuke
08-17-2006, 05:56 AM
By the way, the Cavaliers won the finals. Slight surprise in that the Phantom Regiment sneaked in front of the Blue Devils for second place. All three top teams were within one point of each other.

Hartzy
08-17-2006, 07:42 AM
I marched with the Reading Bucs in the DCA for a while. It's too time consuming.