PDA

View Full Version : Help on string

rocky b
03-05-2004, 12:31 PM
I used laserfibre supreme and switched to wilson extreme to save money. The problem is with the wilson I hit every shot better except the forehand with is my major weapon. The forehand I less control with the Wilson but the laserfibre I could hit a dime on the court. Would you go back to laserfibre or stick with the wilson or find a new string. I am a 4.5 player who hits with alot of spin baseliner thanks for the help

Princegod
03-05-2004, 12:52 PM
nevermind

Jerry Seinfeld
03-05-2004, 02:36 PM
Sometimes by spending a little more you are actually saving a lot.

In my experience, LF Supreme has no true lower cost equivalent. You might try the LaserTour which is a lower cost string with similar tension holding characteristics, though it plays more crisply. It might provide the bite you aren't finding with the Wilson string.

Good luck!

Rabbit
03-05-2004, 08:28 PM
Strings can make or break a frame and your performance. I would heartily recommend that you go with what works, if you can afford it.

Gaines Hillix
03-06-2004, 06:47 AM
rockyb, you might try a hybrid with the Laser Supreme in the mains and a solid core syn gut like Prince Syn Gut Duraflex or Gosen OG Micro in the crosses. 80-90% of the playing characteristics come from the mains anyway. This would help with the cost while giving you the playing characteristics you prefer.