PDA

View Full Version : Bollé Competivision Experience?

th41291
08-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Have any of you tried these glasses? Do they actually make a difference? I'm thinking of getting the Bollé Swiftkick Competivision Gun + TNS Gun Sunglasses, because they look pretty awesome. Any comments are welcome. Thanks!

xtremerunnerars
08-11-2006, 12:55 PM
The girls tennis coach at my highschool uses them, though she's slow as can be and doesn't seem to see the ball well at all. She wins most of her senior matches though....she won her age group at the senior olympics here. She's like 65.

rasajadad
08-12-2006, 01:59 AM
I wear them sometimes. If you wear sunglasses, they are pretty good. To me it seems like everything else gets darker except the balls. They are the only sunglasses I've ever worn to play tennis, (except for prescription sunglasses). When I use the Bolle's, I wear contact lenses. As far as the glasses, they are light and high quality.

FWIW, here's what I wear:
Indoors- Regular glasses
Outdoors day- Nike (tinted) contacts
Outdoors late afternoon- Regular contacts and Bolle competivision (so I can take the shades off when the shadows appear.

goober
08-12-2006, 04:25 PM
The girls tennis coach at my highschool uses them, though she's slow as can be and doesn't seem to see the ball well at all. She wins most of her senior matches though....she won her age group at the senior olympics here. She's like 65.

lol I don't know if the OP actually got anything from your post.

I tried Bolle sunlgasses and it does somewhat make the ball stand out a little bit, but I think it dcreased other parts of my visual acuity. I eventually realized I play fine wearing a hat without sunglasses for matches- like most pros do. I put on the Bolles for practice though if it is really bright.

th41291
08-13-2006, 03:46 PM
lol I don't know if the OP actually got anything from your post.

I tried Bolle sunlgasses and it does somewhat make the ball stand out a little bit, but I think it dcreased other parts of my visual acuity. I eventually realized I play fine wearing a hat without sunglasses for matches- like most pros do. I put on the Bolles for practice though if it is really bright.

By "visual acuity", does it make the rest of the image less clear, or are they just like regular sunglasses?

Mr. Blond
08-13-2006, 04:07 PM
th4

I use them when I coach because they mute out most colors and brighten the yellow of the ball. When you put them on for the first time it is a pretty amazing difference. The problem with playing with them is that they tend to get sweaty and fog up, but that happens with all sunglasses on tennis courts. I also noticed that the lenses scratch pretty easily, after about 2 months, I scratched mine and wanted to scream. The lenses are replaceable which is nice. They are worth the purchase I find.