PDA

View Full Version : Silent Partner Pro vs. Tennis Tutor! Help!!

I love rug
08-11-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm am trying to decide whether to get the Silent Partner Pro ball machine or the Tennis Tutor Plus Player. The Silent Partner can shoot balls out at 95 mph, while the Tennis Tutor only does 85mph. Is the difference that evident and a major thing to consider? I'm around a 4.5 player wanting to get better. Weight isn't an issue, but reliability is. I've heard that both are well built. So if you were going to buy one, which one would you choose? Also, I'm not sure but do ball machines require any special balls? I was going to buy the Wilson US Open XDuty Tennis Balls, but I wasn't sure if they would work on the ball machines.
Thank you so much for your help!

josef
08-11-2006, 08:21 PM
honestly.. both are Great choices. Tennis Tuor PLUS and Silent Partner Pro and almost identical in features. i've read and read and read and these are the two i'm looking at as well. I will probably go for the Silent Partner as I like their video on their website.. lol http://www.sptennis.com/ballmachines.asp#PRO
and it seems to be Slightly cheaper. can't go wrong with either one. not sure how one can test the top speed thing out but both have oscillation and topspin/backspin so that's what i'm looking for...
good luck.
note: the 'regular' Tennis Tutor (not the plus model) does not have the backspin/topsipin option.

billyboybeacon
08-11-2006, 11:03 PM
I tried both and bought a prince model 3..I liked the hopper and build of the prince the best w/ TT coming in second..the silent partner chewed up the tennis balls there was a ton of fluff after 2 buckets hardly none in the other 2..I bought tretorn micro-x balls and couldn't be happier, they feel just like normal balls to me..I am also a 4.5 and any of these machines will have plenty of power..on my prince I use about 60% of power and that seems to simulate normal pace of guys I hit w/.. at 80% after 120 balls I get blisters!!

varuscelli
08-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Also, I'm not sure but do ball machines require any special balls? I was going to buy the Wilson US Open XDuty Tennis Balls, but I wasn't sure if they would work on the ball machines.

Use pressureless tennis balls. They'll maintain their bounce for a long, long time (something standard tennis balls will not do) and seem to work very well in ball machines.

For instance, the Tretorn Micro-X that billyboybeacon mentions are pressureless. I'm currently using Penn pressureless tennis balls that run about 50 cents apiece in my machine. The Tretorn Micro-X balls are more expensive, but lots of people seem to feel they're among the best.