PDA

View Full Version : Oversized Racquets?

Patricklovestennis
08-11-2006, 08:15 PM
So I have a Prince Tour Diablo Midplus, and a Yonex RDX 300 103
And both have wonderful control.
I generate power on my own but I have very good control.
And I was wondering, If I generate my own control, and want more power should i go for an Oversized, or stick with my racquets????

snoflewis
08-11-2006, 08:21 PM
So I have a Prince Tour Diablo Midplus, and a Yonex RDX 300 103
And both have wonderful control.
I generate power on my own but I have very good control.
And I was wondering, If I generate my own control, and want more power should i go for an Oversized, or stick with my racquets????

what OS rackets were you looking at? i think you might want to give them a try, but personally, i would stay w/ the tour diablo. also, what strings are you using on each racket?

Patricklovestennis
08-11-2006, 09:27 PM
i use Yonex 850 Super Tour
I got this string on my RDX, and liked it, and I will usually have Prince Lightning, but it looses tension so fast.

snoflewis
08-11-2006, 11:56 PM
well...at least you're not using a poly string. also, i'd like to ask, why do you feel like you need more power? is it because you're getting overpowered by your opponents? or do you feel that your racket is limiting your racket head speed? it would also be helpful if you could tell us your NTRP rating.

imo, i think if you can supply your own power like you said in your original post, you should be fine w/ the diablo or RDX300. the rdx is a bit stiffer and has a larger head, so that might be your better bet right now.

onkystomper
08-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Rdx 300 is a very solid stick. Stick with it. If you want slightly more pop drop your string tensions down.

Patricklovestennis
08-15-2006, 06:24 PM
thats what i did, I got my racuqtes restrung into a lower tension, and it makes a difference.

Steve Huff
08-15-2006, 10:07 PM
I don't think you can "generate" more control. A racket/string setup will or won't direct the ball to where you aim it. Maybe it would be more accurate to say you "don't rely on control". If you play a game where you give yourself plenty of margin, you might need more power. Some oversized rackets like the Head Radicals are high on control and low on power too.

jonolau
08-16-2006, 07:46 AM
Before you go about spending money, try playing with a different string setup on your racquet, or just lowering the tension by 2-4lbs on your next stringing.

I did that with my racquets, and I'm still able to generate the same amount of spin with more power. In my case it was an extreme change from full kevlar to synthetic gut.