PDA

View Full Version : US Open tickets

diadorakuerten
07-22-2004, 01:31 PM
Where is a good place to buy ground passes to the US Open for the first week? I want to go thurs., fri, and sat. of the first week. Is it safe to wait till the day of the event and buy tickets the same day? Ticketmaster is a total rip off...

bigserving
07-22-2004, 04:59 PM
You shouldn't have a problem with buying them the day of. Back in the day, they would limit the amount that they sold. They have at least increased the limit. The box office opens at 9 and people start queing up before that.

Check prices carefully though. The price list that I saw, cheap seats in AA were less than grounds passes. That may be the way to go.

Have fun, see ya there!

robkat
07-29-2004, 11:39 AM
If you buy a Grounds pass you will have access to all areas except Arthur Ashe stadium. You can buy a ticket to Ashe stadium as well, and have acess to all areas. You can buy the grounds pass at the ticket counter the day you attendpreferbly in the morning. Same thing for Ashe the first few days. ticket counter opens at 9 AM. Get there early. I was there at 7 AM and was the 3rd in line both days, I went the first two days of the Open 2002 , Monday and Tuesday. If you plan to go the first week, a grounds pass is the way to go. Lots to see on the outside courts and practice courts. At those courts you are '"up close and personal". After buying your ticket at the ticket counter, you then head over to the entrance and await the opening of the gates at 10 AM. while waiting for the ticket counter and main gates to open, You can get ahold of the "Matches for the day" sheet and plan where you will be spending your time. if there is a good match up first on the Grandstand or Armstrong stadium, and your there early.. meaning you are one of the first at the main entrance, as soon as they open the gates you can "race" into the grandstand and get a court side seat (open seating). same thing for Armstrong stadium except for the first few rows at court side are reserved.