PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Dunlop M-Fil 200 Mid+ 2006

____
08-12-2006, 12:04 AM
I have been using 200G line from Muscle Weave to Hot Melt and really like their performance except for generating spin.

From the spec, the Dunlop M-Fil 200 Mid+ 2006 seems to fit right on with some amount of lead tape.It should play solidly like their heavier 200G with spin added.

I haven't seen much talk about this racquet .So anyone who have experience with this racquet,comments are appriciated .I can't use a demo program cause I work outside the US.

hoosierbr
08-12-2006, 12:53 AM
I hit with this racquet for about a week. It's a very nice frame that's definitely on the light side, great to customize if you so desire.

As I'm used to heavier racquets, 12.0 oz and up, I was looking for something lighter that would be easier to handle over long matches and practice sessions. Not thrilled with the Babolats I tried, I gave this one a whirl.

It's great off the ground. Easy to access spin, solid off both sides. I didn't think the bh slice had much bite but as that's not a strength shot for me I can't draw a conclusion. Plus, I didn't hit that many slices anyway but I could probably get the feel for it over time.

Volleys were solid, if a tad powerful. Need to have a shorter backswing and good technique to get the right control.

Serving is where I was disappointed. The virtues of heavier racquets really shone through for me here. It was easy to whip the racquet through the air but I just didn't feel my serves had much punch. However, I've heard similar comments about the DNX 9, which is close to this frame in terms of specs, and users of that stick seem to have dialed in on serves last but eventually. It's probably the same for this racquet.

A week isn't enough time to get dialed in completely on all your shots, just a good feel for how it plays and if it could work you. This frame could work for me but I'd probably lead it up just a tad, around 11.6 or 11.7 oz. I'd also replace the grip with leather.

It's a fine frame. Hope you enjoy it. And I hoped this helped.

____
08-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks a lot hoosierbr.I also use leather grip for all my racquets.

jdub486
08-12-2006, 07:33 PM
I have been using the m fil 200 06 for about two weeks and experimented with lead. I have it set-up perfectly now- 12.1 ounces, and around 8 pts head light strung. Excellent feel, spin, and control. I use a wilson leather grip. Strung with alu power mains at 57, gut crosses at 55. Loving this frame!