PDA

View Full Version : Where do people in the UK buy there strings from?

Feņa14
03-05-2004, 11:36 AM
Just wondering because i want to know where the best selection and deals are!

Much appreciated!

Liam

uk_skippy
03-08-2004, 11:45 AM
Great to hear the rqts foing well. I've just pre order mine.

I string my own rqts and have done so for the last 15yrs. Wouldn't trust anyone else to string 'em.

I'm also a USRSA certified stringer and ERSA member. So, if you need any help over here in the UK, drop me a line and I'll try and help or point you in the right direction.

Paul

Feņa14
03-08-2004, 12:14 PM
UK_Skippy, I am very interested in getting into stringing and would be very grateful if you could point me in a direction of a good machine that can sting my LM Prestige :D. Preferably cheap as students don't have much money!

By the way where are you from?

Cheers,

Liam.

PS. Theres only one CHELSEA!

uk_skippy
03-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Hi Liam I'm in Portsmouth

The cheapest machines you can buy are table tops with drop weights and flying clamp. Cost around 275+. But only buy one of these as a last resort. You can get tabletops with a spring tension system and fixed clamps cost around 450+. Stand ups are around 650+

You can get a good machines from W&D strings and if you do, you'll probably be able to get you strings at trade prices. Also try www dot gefensports dot co uk. You can see a big variety of machines there.

Try and buy the best machine you can. It'll be able to string quicker and easier.

As for the LM Prestige, some online stores are allowing pre-orders for it and they also state the specs. It seems a little light, is it? The spec of the TW site seem a lot more to my liking. I tend to weight my rqts with a few grams of lead tap at the 10 & 2 position.

Hope that helps

Paul

Feņa14
03-10-2004, 08:02 AM
Cheers Paul i'll see what I can get with my money.

As for the LM Prestige the weight seemed a little light at first but i added lead tape at 2 & 10 and found it to be perfect, a bit lighter than the i.prestige which gives me more manuverability, absolutely perfect.

When is yours coming?

Cheers.

Liam

uk_skippy
03-10-2004, 09:36 AM
I've ordered mine from ***.They say they'll be available in the 4th week of March, so just in time to set it up for the summer season.

Not sure if the LM is going to work for me, but Im trying it anyway. I only switched to the i Pres in the middle of last year, but is is def better then the iRad, and even better than the Ti Rad which I rate as one of the best rqts Ive ever used.

Glad to be of help