PDA

View Full Version : Resorts in Cuba

George
07-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Hi,
Anyone have gone to a resort in Cuba that has decent tennis and tennis instructions?

drakulie
07-23-2004, 08:25 AM
Please tell me you are kidding.

George
07-23-2004, 01:06 PM
Perhaps I should change my question, I am thinking of vacationing in Cuba and hoping of finding a resort so I can get some tennis in. Anybody had any experience vacationing in Cuba with some tennis throw in.

It sounds likes you are really smart perhaps you can enlighten why it is such a outrageous question? Is it way too hot to play, are there big
human eating mosquitos......

Ps. This question is not for the American audience.

Ace_7703P
02-08-2010, 10:15 AM
I recently visited a resort in Cuba called the Royal Hideaway.

It was beautiful and they have a very good pro there. Very cheap to play with him ($10/hr) and he is a great guy. He is #1 in Cuba over 35 and a former Davis Cup player. In addition, the resort was one of the most beautiful I have seen. You really cannot top the beach. There are 3 courts and one has lights so you can play as much as you want.

El Diablo
02-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Cuba is actually quite an interesting place to spend some time. A little inconvenient as you can't go directly from the US, but we took a brief diversion taking a flight from St. Maarten.

schwuller
03-02-2010, 05:36 PM
since this old thread is up again, i will jump in. i vacation in cuba often, two or three times a year since 2002. surely one of the most interesting destinations in our hemisphere (ever pay 5 to 8 thousand for an exotic trip and not get that exotic feeling? travel to cuba and you feel like you have gone FAR). the tennis is fantastic. there are wonderful courts for the olympic teams, and i never have trouble getting games with top players. i bring string, grips, wristbands and a couple of rackets to give away but not once has one of the players asked me for money, despite the fact that basically they are training me not just hitting with me. good people. highly recommended. i have old friends so i have never used a resort there (locals cannot get into resorts), but i am quite sure that the resort tennis experience would be fantastic too, if you are not experienced with how things are done in places like cuba. beaches, low prices, extremely accomplished athletes who love to meet visitors, LOW PRICES, and a sense of being well off the beaten path, safe.