PDA

View Full Version : murray without stencil

Dunlopkid
08-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Anyone else notice that Murray was without racket stencil this week? Does it mean anything?

baros
08-12-2006, 02:02 PM
and his buttcap didn't have head's logo on it.
________
Toyota FCHV (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_FCHV)

Dan007
08-12-2006, 02:07 PM
Maybe he's not sponsored.

Bogie
08-12-2006, 02:11 PM

if he wasnt sponsored then he would've painted his radical all black. and why does he have the head tour team bag? (he had the previous head tour team bag as well)

Dan007
08-12-2006, 02:27 PM
if he wasnt sponsored then he would've painted his radical all black. and why does he have the head tour team bag? (he had the previous head tour team bag as well)

Well did Blake do that last year during the summer, after he was dropped by Dunlop? He used his Dunlops with the M-FIL PJ without a stencil and carried his old Dunlop bag. Not all pros paint their rackets all black if they don't have a sponsor look at Mary Pierce. You just think that because of Blake and Ferrero is doing it. They are using a different company's racket when they're sponsored to a different company, that's why they're painting their rackets black. Many pros who don't have racket sponsor just don't use stencils. Maybe Murray is sponsored, but as for the whole sponsorship thing, you don't know anthing about it. Next time, don't say anything if you don't knpw anything about it.

snoflewis
08-12-2006, 02:56 PM

if you're not sponsored, you can use w/e equipment you want. the black rackets are for players who use one company's racket while being sponsored by another. James Blake was still using mfil-200 PJs when he left dunlop, but just didnt have that stencil on the strings. so it looks like Andy Murray isn't sponsored by Head anymore....

onkystomper
08-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Probably waiting to up his ranking/ profile so he can get more $

Bogie
08-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Well did Blake do that last year during the summer, after he was dropped by Dunlop? He used his Dunlops with the M-FIL PJ without a stencil and carried his old Dunlop bag. Not all pros paint their rackets all black if they don't have a sponsor look at Mary Pierce. You just think that because of Blake and Ferrero is doing it. They are using a different company's racket when they're sponsored to a different company, that's why they're painting their rackets black. Many pros who don't have racket sponsor just don't use stencils. Maybe Murray is sponsored, but as for the whole sponsorship thing, you don't know anthing about it. Next time, don't say anything if you don't knpw anything about it.

i was just making a guess. its not like its a closed thread only for people who know. maybe he's sponsored, maybe he isnt. you dont know that either so if you dont know, next time dont say anything either cuz you didnt really give any concrete proof to answer the original post.

doesnt really answer the original post so next time dont say anything if you dont know.

c_zimma
08-12-2006, 07:27 PM
You said something that you didn't know too, Bogie. Contradiction?

Bogie
08-12-2006, 11:13 PM
ya i know i did and he went all b*tch on me about it so i did the same to return the favor.

JohnMatrix
08-13-2006, 12:09 AM
I'm Not Sponsored And I Don't Paint All My Gear Black....and Yeah His Bag Says Head, Cause Maybe At One Point He Was Sponsored And Has All His Old Gear......you Expect Him To Get A New Bag In A Pouting Hissy Fit Because Head Wont Let Him Represent Them?

verdasco67
08-13-2006, 03:00 AM
i think he is sponsored...but cant be bothered to stencil his racquet

Steve_El
08-13-2006, 04:22 AM
I looked at getty images for pics of his racket! why do you say that the racket looks totally black or that he painted his racket all black? it's the normal paint like everytime!

mavsman149
08-13-2006, 08:16 AM
I don't think murray has ever been sponsored by Head. He would at the very least have his racquet painted to look like the liquidmetal. Maybe he did have a sponsorship during the Intelligence line.

verdasco67
08-13-2006, 08:26 AM
he stencils his racquet sometimes....its very faint...but he does have it on sometimes...

Dunlopkid
08-15-2006, 04:17 AM
I know, but this week he didn't have a stencil at all.

PrestigeClassic
08-15-2006, 04:21 AM
I know, but this week he didn't have a stencil at all.

Murray: no more Mister Nice Guy!

acetennisman
08-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Now that hes beat federer, sponsorships won't be a problem.

Dunlopkid
08-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Now that hes beat federer, sponsorships won't be a problem.

Just what I was thinking. He's in the top 20 now too.

Richie Rich
08-18-2006, 09:19 AM
a friend of mine strung at Toronto last week and did Murray's racquets. Murray told him not to bother with the stencil. He asked Murray if he was sponsored by Head and his response was "ya, but who cares about the stencil?" weird.

onkystomper
08-18-2006, 04:34 PM
I don't think murray has ever been sponsored by Head. He would at the very least have his racquet painted to look like the liquidmetal. Maybe he did have a sponsorship during the Intelligence line.

He IS sponsored. If you look at the HEAD website he is on their list of players!

Bottle Rocket
08-18-2006, 07:28 PM
He had one on his racket tonight...

You could especially see it when he was slamming his racket onto the ground... ;)

JohnMatrix
08-18-2006, 10:34 PM
He had one on his racket tonight...

You could especially see it when he was slamming his racket onto the ground... ;)

TRUE! I saw it. So all u gotta do is beat a top 10 player for them to take a guy serious eh? Or the #1 in the world in tired form.