PDA

View Full Version : vantage racquet

tennisguy11
08-12-2006, 02:20 PM
How does the vantage 95 inch frame 11.7 oz, 63 flex, and 9 points head light balance play?

wyutani
08-12-2006, 05:08 PM
How does the vantage 95 inch frame 11.7 oz, 63 flex, and 9 points head light balance play?

i thought only rich ppl can buy it?

TheSnowMan
08-12-2006, 06:47 PM
You don't have to be a rich people to buy it if you use a discount code.

mshinde
08-13-2006, 12:50 AM
You don't have to be a rich people to buy it if you use a discount code.

If I get vantage less than 180$, I will definitely try it. Does anyone have any discount code which he can share?

TheSnowMan
08-13-2006, 09:40 AM
I have a 15% vantage discount code. It is B007. I don't know if it still works, but it is the only 15% discount code I know of. The rest of them are 5% off. If you buy the racket packages, meaning buying multiple rackets of the same type you will be able to go within your budget of less than 180$

Jonnyf
08-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Eh the only code i know of it A062

Sigi
08-13-2006, 11:03 AM
If I get vantage less than 180$, I will definitely try it. Does anyone have any discount code which he can share?

I have a Vantage 95 and two 100s available. Please e-mail me at slsapinski@aol.com if you are interested in any of them. I can provide pictures. Thanks.

Sigi

mshinde
08-16-2006, 10:11 AM
I have a 15% vantage discount code. It is B007. I don't know if it still works, but it is the only 15% discount code I know of. The rest of them are 5% off. If you buy the racket packages, meaning buying multiple rackets of the same type you will be able to go within your budget of less than 180$

Thanks a ton..

OrangeOne
08-17-2006, 02:27 AM

Wow - that code (and a062 from what I can see) definitely does work, thanks sooo much for posting it! In $Aussie it makes a custom vantage only $20 aussie dollars (15 US) different to an RDS001, which was (probably) going to be my next frame, should demos go as I expect.

I'm very tempted by the Vantage now, I must say. Anyone else want to sing their praises?

Oh - more importantly - Has anyone sent back their frame because it didn't suit them - under what seems to be an excellent returns policy? Did you take a refund or go for another Vantage frame?

spaceman_spiff
08-17-2006, 02:37 AM
I'm very tempted by the Vantage now, I must say. Anyone else want to sing their praises?

I just got a 95, 18x20, 70, 330 g, and 12 pt HL Vantage. Basically, it's exactly what I expect out of that kind of frame. The control is really good, as is the stability. Although the sweetspot doesn't feel quite as sweet as my Estusa, the string bed as a whole is more consistent. All in all, it's a very solid racket, which is what I like.

My only complaint was with their strings. Vantage strings are real softies, similar to Wilson Sensation and others, which I really don't like. Also, I don't think the racket was strung at the tension I requested. There was too much of a trampoline effect, which hurt the control. However, after restringing, all is now well.

Jonnyf
08-17-2006, 02:41 AM
Great Racquets, i haven't really had a massive hit beause of a wrist injury but what i have hit seems to be a consistant controlled stringbed which serves well and it good on groundstrokes

OrangeOne
08-17-2006, 02:42 AM
I just got a 95, 18x20, 70, 330 g, and 12 pt HL Vantage. Basically, it's exactly what I expect out of that kind of frame. The control is really good, as is the stability. Although the sweetspot doesn't feel quite as sweet as my Estusa, the string bed as a whole is more consistent. All in all, it's a very solid racket, which is what I like.

My only complaint was with their strings. Vantage strings are real softies, similar to Wilson Sensation and others, which I really don't like. Also, I don't think the racket was strung at the tension I requested. There was too much of a trampoline effect, which hurt the control. However, after restringing, all is now well.

Hey thanks for that! It's really funny reading your specs, and thinking - right - well he's got 2 of the 5 I'd get, but not the other three....

I mean - it's almost ridiculous, given that if you had bought an RDS001, I'd be thinking - well, that's a MP, and that's *the same* as mine ;) Their whole customisation angle starts making more and more sense the more one thinks about it.

Thanks for the good review too - I'm getting keener by the minute here.

Janne
08-17-2006, 03:01 AM
Im new to the whole Vantage thing so Ive got a few questions:

What is their website?
How many people can use that code to get cheaper frames?
Can you choose headsizes, stiffness factor etc like for example Head 95, stiffness 65 or do they have a few options?

Jonnyf
08-17-2006, 03:03 AM

What is their website?
Can you choose headsizes, stiffness factor etc like for example Head 95, stiffness 65 or do they have a few options?

www.vantagetennis.com

ANYONE can use the code i gave as many times as you want (A062) and their are several options

Janne
08-17-2006, 03:16 AM
Thanks JonnyF! Btw, where do you enter that code? :confused: I must be blind or something..

OrangeOne
08-17-2006, 03:27 AM
Thanks JonnyF! Btw, where do you enter that code? :confused: I must be blind or something..

There's a "referral code" field on the shopping cart page.

A062 = 5%
B007 = 15% !!!

Seems to work off most things they do - seems to do the whole order, even off discounted multi-racquet deals even....

spaceman_spiff
08-17-2006, 04:16 AM

What is their website?

If you look at the site, you'll see all the choices, but I'll list a couple of them.

Head size has 4 choices: 90, 95, 100, and 105 (new). Unfortunately, 3 of these 4 only have one choice each for the string pattern (I would have liked an 18x20 on the 100). There are two choices for stiffness for each head size, though I notice the two choices are different for the new 105. You have 5 choices for length, running from 27 up to 28. The real choices come in with the weight and balance and the grip shape. There are quite a number of those, so you'll have to see the site for that. Colors are just black or white, you've got your grip size, and even a choice for grip type and color (leather or synthetic).

Anyways, it's pretty good if you know exactly what you're looking for, and the quality of materials is good.

mshinde
08-17-2006, 09:28 AM
I am actually looking for swing weight of 221110 or 221109 (which is VT002 prebuilt). It translates to head 95, 16X19, 63 RA, 27' and 320 grams 10 pt head light.

I emailed vantage and also called Bob, but he seems to be out of office for a while.

My guestimate is somewhere around 320. Any ideas?

BLiND
08-18-2006, 12:05 AM
I've played with a number of 90" & 95" Vantage frames, all excellent!

I now own 3 x Vantage 95" 221110 - 16x19, 63 RA, 27", 320 10 pts... swingweight is 325... (though you can get it down to 320 if you trim the gromets).

I've added a touch of lead to 3 & 9 oclock, which just gives it a bit more pop when i need it.

fantastic frames, never going to change... cannot fault them, but my recommendation is to experiment with string... the Vantage string is very soft and nice, but it wasn't for me, so I use it hybrid with Poly and its a good combination.

phat
08-18-2006, 01:32 AM
has anyone tried both the 63 flex & 70 flex in 95 with 16X19 pattern and give a fair conparison. Blind, I am comsidering something very similar to yours... (with the only exception on the balance:12 pts to 10pts). How does it compare to the other racquets that you have used??

BLiND
08-18-2006, 02:36 AM
I've used a fair number of racquets and I'd say its a very RAW feel, kinda of similar to a POG, but not as stiff. LOADS of feel, not muted at all, very raw, probably not the most forgiving, but not the worst etc.

spaceman_spiff
08-29-2006, 07:14 AM
I've used a fair number of racquets and I'd say its a very RAW feel, kinda of similar to a POG, but not as stiff. LOADS of feel, not muted at all, very raw, probably not the most forgiving, but not the worst etc.

Just to add a comment about the feel. I've got my Vantage strung with TiMo18 at 57lbs, and I have a leather grip with two tightly pulled overgrips. When I hit the ball, I can feel the vibration of the strings (not shock from the impact but the resulting string vibration); that's a lot of feel. Just to put this in perspective, I also have an Estusa PBB with some pretty new multifilament strings (a setup with loads more feel than most newer model rackets), and the feel still isn't as good as the Vantage (which has stiff strings).

Anyways, it's good stuff, unless you don't like that much feel from the vibration. If so, just throw on a small vibration dampener and it all works out.

Duzza
10-27-2006, 02:50 AM
i thought only rich ppl can buy it?
I guess it's a bit more for Americans, but the price is exactly the same as any Wilson racquet here. Actually cheaper than racquets like new Head's and so on.

0d1n
04-21-2007, 10:14 AM
I've played with a number of 90" & 95" Vantage frames, all excellent!

I now own 3 x Vantage 95" 221110 - 16x19, 63 RA, 27", 320 10 pts... swingweight is 325... (though you can get it down to 320 if you trim the gromets).

I've added a touch of lead to 3 & 9 oclock, which just gives it a bit more pop when i need it.

fantastic frames, never going to change... cannot fault them, but my recommendation is to experiment with string... the Vantage string is very soft and nice, but it wasn't for me, so I use it hybrid with Poly and its a good combination.

Blind, a couple questions:
Is the 325 sw rating before or after you applied the lead?
Option 10 seems to be the 12 pts hl one, yet you say that you have a 10 pts hl one, is this the STRUNG and/or post lead balance?
The reason I'm asking is that I'm looking to buy some VERY similar specs to yours, to play around with, and I would like a bit less swing weight than my current DNX 10 mid (which has a strung SW around 325 according to most, 331 according to TW).
Theoretically even if the SW is the same with the DNX (assumed 325), the "perceived inertia" should be slightly smaller since the Vantage spec is 10 g lighter though...:confused:

BLiND
04-22-2007, 01:44 AM
0d1n, yeah my mistake, they are option 10, which is 12pts HL. They are around 325g SW without the lead, but you can get them lighter by trimming the grommets, or just speak to Paul and ask if you can get one make with a lighter SW.

0d1n
04-22-2007, 03:48 AM
0d1n, yeah my mistake, they are option 10, which is 12pts HL. They are around 325g SW without the lead, but you can get them lighter by trimming the grommets, or just speak to Paul and ask if you can get one make with a lighter SW.

Thanks for the answer. Did you get a SW measurement or is that an estimate based on other sticks you've played with?

BLiND
04-22-2007, 05:20 AM
Thats my estimate.