PDA

View Full Version : Fake Babolat Roddick rackets

CCHIU
08-12-2006, 05:19 PM
I just wanted to inform everyone there are now fake Babolat Roddick rackets on the market so beware. Unfortunately, I bought one on **** and as soon as I got it today I knew it was fake. The butt cap was awful quality. Graphics looks slightly different from the original. The bag was even different. Hopefully this chump will give me my money back. I filed a report with paypal. This is probably the last racket I buy on ****. I hate dealing with these losers who try to make a quick buck by selling a fake racket. How low can you get? Stick to buying from Tennis Warehouse, at least you know it is 100% authentic.

thanu
08-12-2006, 05:22 PM
What seller did you buy it from? I buy and sell on **** all the time, and I've been pretty lucky. How can you tell it's fake? How about posting some pics?

CCHIU
08-12-2006, 05:26 PM
I don't want to give the seller's name till I get my refund which I better get or I'm going to be ****ed. Fortunately, I bought it with a credit card so I can always dispute it with my credit card company. I could tell it was fake because I have a real one. The wrapper on it was different from the real one. Real one has european and u.s. grip size on it. The bag looked different because it had a part with air vents on it. The TM by the Babolat was huge unlike the real one. The butt cap was done really bad. If I knew how to post pics I would.

siber222000
08-12-2006, 06:39 PM
lets be real, most of the racquets from evil b@y is counterfeit unless ur lucky enough to get the real one from the good dealer :-|

westy
08-13-2006, 12:27 AM
when i but rackets of ****, i always buy them used, that way u can b prety sure that they are real

Dopke
08-13-2006, 12:40 AM
lets be real, most of the racquets from evil b@y is counterfeit unless ur lucky enough to get the real one from the good dealer :-|

I'd have to disagree. I've bought a substantial amount of racquets on ****, never have I come across a fake before. If you do your homework on the seller, as you SHOULD be doing with any buying on ****, you should not run into many problems.

Roforot
08-13-2006, 07:08 AM
2 rules.
Don't buy from people w/ less than 50 feedback
Don't buy from people w/ less than 98% positive feedback.

CCHIU
08-24-2006, 04:46 AM
Just to give you guys an update. I got my money back minus a ridiculous $25 processing fee from ****. So basically I paid $25 for a fake Babolat Pure Drive Roddick. Anyone want a fake racket for $25? The seller's name is
vivi75060. She never responded to paypal's emails so I got my money back. I noticed she sold a Babolat aerodrive pro too. Unfortunately, it looks like the guy thought it was real because he gave her positive feedback.

f1 tech
08-24-2006, 08:36 AM
you can put pictures up on imageshack.com and paste the link here.