PDA

View Full Version : overgrips and new racket

tennisfanatic
08-12-2006, 10:40 PM
i wanted to ask if you put overgrips when you buy your new racket? is overgrips necessary before using new racket?

dancraig
08-12-2006, 11:07 PM
There are two major categories of overgrip. Almost all overgrips are of one type or the other. A few try to combine the features. One type is "tacky". This is the feeling of a brand new permanent grip, like you would get on a new racquet. You probably wouldn't need to use an overgrip if you wanted the tacky feeling. The other type is "absorbent", like tournagrip and many others. If you needed that feature, you might need to use an overgrip on a new racquet.

roddick_rulz
08-13-2006, 08:33 AM
In often times people use their original grip that came with the racquet for a few times and then will decide to put on their overgrip. But it's really your decision.

Dan007
08-13-2006, 09:32 AM
Whenever I buy a new racket I put an overgrip right away. I don't used the original grip that comes with it. Most people like to use the grip that comes with it before the tackiness is gone.

thetenniskid07
08-13-2006, 09:32 AM
I put an overgrip on my new racquets as soon as I get them.

ryohazuki222
08-13-2006, 10:04 AM
i put the overgrip on my racket as soon as i get them as well... i figure that if worse comes to worse, the original grip will stay in great shape for when i sell the racket or maybe in case of emergency (like... i forgot to regrip my racket before a match and i cant hold on to the racket, nor do i have any spare overgrips... soo i could just take off the overgrip and play with the original...)

looseswing
08-13-2006, 10:53 AM
I like to put an overgrip on my new racquets as well.