PDA

View Full Version : SAM Extreme Pressureless Tennis Balls

Chit n China
08-13-2006, 06:32 AM
Has any one tried SAM Extreme Pressureless Tennis Balls in their tennis ball machine? What do you think about them? How do they hit?

varuscelli
08-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Has any one tried SAM Extreme Pressureless Tennis Balls in their tennis ball machine? What do you think about them? How do they hit?

Availability of these balls doesn't seem very widespread. I hadn't even heard of them until your post, but in trying to Google search them, not a whole lot turns up. There seem to be very limited sources for them where I'm located (United States). The sound good, if they live up to the limited descriptions I've seen.

Chit n China
08-13-2006, 06:57 PM
I heard about them from "Downunder Kid". But he hasn't posted in a year. I was hoping he or another had tried them and would reply

What if any pressureless balls have you tried? Most people seem to agree that Tretorn Micro X are the best. I wonder how they will play at 6400 feet elevation where I live.

varuscelli
08-13-2006, 07:31 PM
What if any pressureless balls have you tried? Most people seem to agree that Tretorn Micro X are the best. I wonder how they will play at 6400 feet elevation where I live.

I'm using Penn pressureless balls, but mainly because they were readily available to me at a local store and weren't that expensive at roughly 12 balls for $7 US. So, I ended up with about $60 worth of them (96 balls) to initially use with my machine.

I've been using them for about a month as practice balls for serving, etc., and for a few trips out on the court with the Silent Partner. But, I haven't used them for long enough with the ball machine to feel like I can offer much of an opinion on their long-term performance. They seem to be working very well initially, though.