PDA

View Full Version : RDX 500 mp vs fischer m speed pro 1

yo_3133
08-13-2006, 01:45 PM
hey
i'm looking for a new raquet and had thought about these two, but i cant demo anyone of them since here in Peru i cant get any demos. I have benn playinf with an o3 tour mp and i feel like i cant get the best out of my game with itl. I'm a baseliner, with a semi-western grip, i hit with heavy topspin but also like to hit falt shots sometimes. I would really appreciate if you could help me with these, since i cant get the demos

buder
08-13-2006, 01:49 PM
the M Speed has a jucier upper hoop. If your contact point is north of center, I might try the Fischer.

TjeuT
08-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Volkl DNX 9 ,
Head Flexpoint Radical Tour

Redflea
08-13-2006, 09:04 PM
Look for threads on these racquets...these were my favorite when I went through an extensive demo process for a new racquet recently.

Volkl DNX 9
Yonex RDX 001 MP
Dunlop M-Fil 300 (what I chose, I lead it up to 11.5 oz)

I found these superior to the ones you mention above.

onkystomper
08-13-2006, 11:24 PM
OK i will try and answer your question as best i can rather than telling you to try out other rackets you have not mentioned!!

The M Speed is a very flexible comfortable stick. It is excellent on serves and gives you exactly what you put in. No more no less. I personally found it slightly underpowered. Good sized sweetspot and spin was easy to come by. Sliced backhands were very effective.

RDX 500 MP also flexible and easy on the arm. Serving i found a bit tougher to get the same pop although slice serves were just as effective. Off the ground the spin potential was fine especially with a semi wetern grip. This racket had a bit extra power so i preffered it in that dept. Good sized sweetspot as well.

Thet are not too disimilar if you want s more control go for m speed. more pop go for yonex. They are both a good stick so whichever you choose you will be happy

Roy
08-14-2006, 02:06 AM
OK i will try and answer your question as best i can rather than telling you to try out other rackets you have not mentioned!!

The M Speed is a very flexible comfortable stick. It is excellent on serves and gives you exactly what you put in. No more no less. I personally found it slightly underpowered. Good sized sweetspot and spin was easy to come by. Sliced backhands were very effective.

RDX 500 MP also flexible and easy on the arm. Serving i found a bit tougher to get the same pop although slice serves were just as effective. Off the ground the spin potential was fine especially with a semi wetern grip. This racket had a bit extra power so i preffered it in that dept. Good sized sweetspot as well.

Thet are not too disimilar if you want s more control go for m speed. more pop go for yonex. They are both a good stick so whichever you choose you will be happy

I agree with the above totally especially the point about the serve. Mspeed gives a better flat serve IMO.

Goose
08-14-2006, 02:32 AM
I've just started using the MSpeed 98's after using Fischer Extreme FT's for about 2 years.
I find them to have good power level. No need for anything more if you are able to generate you own power easily enough.
They feel really nice in the hand, very comfortable, people complain about the squarish grip but to me it makes no difference, I actually like it.

As has already been stated it serves very well. Great on flat serves, took a bit of adjusting to get my kickers right again after switching but they have improved since doing so.

They are also balanced very well, slightly handle heavy, but only very slighty.

Redflea
08-14-2006, 09:32 AM
<snip>

Nice response on the two racquets he mentions.

If you read his post again, it says:

i'm looking for a new raquet and had thought about these two

He's clearly at the very start of an investigation...hardly a reason to limit feedback to just the two racquets that he mentions, and we would be less than helpful to not metion other sticks that we believe are in the same general category and worth consideration. :)

nn
08-14-2006, 03:15 PM
i found YONEX RDS 001 MID has better pop and power/control/spin combo compare to M-speed 98 (demo Yonex RDS 001 MID and MIDPLUS and M-Speed 98)

also serve with M-SPeed was not that good compare to M-Speed 98