PDA

View Full Version : broken racket... can i fix?

tennisfanatic
08-13-2006, 05:10 PM
i accidently dropped my wilson racket. when i picked it up i noticed that the left side of the frame move a little to the right making the racket not equal on both sides of the frame. do you have any idea how to fix tennis rackets? can i do it myself?

Ky0shiro
08-13-2006, 05:14 PM
I think you'll be better off buying another racquet.

On a side note my friend once repaired his racquet tieing a shoe lace around the cracked area (didn't really help). Sadly he sold it to another friend of mine who knew nothing of the crack. Later that night his mother told him to remove the shoe lace :P, boy were they in shock.

OrangeOne
08-13-2006, 05:19 PM
i accidently dropped my wilson racket. when i picked it up i noticed that the left side of the frame move a little to the right making the racket not equal on both sides of the frame. do you have any idea how to fix tennis rackets? can i do it myself?

Umm, errr, you "dropped" a racquet and now it has what must be two cracks in it? Either this is the most extreme case of the 'straw that broke the camel's back", or something else is going on.

People used to be able to do graphite repairs, but they were expensive, heavy and play with the balance of your racquet massively, not to mention potential feel effects etc etc.

Maybe you could post a picture, but I doubt the racquet can really be rescued from your description.

SFrazeur
08-13-2006, 05:22 PM

No, she cannot be fixed. If it is still under warranty, send it in to Wilson, and tell

them that you dropped it. They will be able to tell the difference between it

falling out of you hand, and it being thrown to the ground. If it is not under

warranty, then wait until sundown, play taps and bury her in the back yard.

Also, which racquet was it?

Roger_federer
08-13-2006, 05:32 PM
which racquet is this

tennisfanatic
08-13-2006, 05:37 PM
No, she cannot be fixed. If it is still under warranty, send it in to Wilson, and tell

them that you dropped it. They will be able to tell the difference between it

falling out of you hand, and it being thrown to the ground. If it is not under

warranty, then wait until sundown, play taps and bury her in the back yard.

Also, which racquet was it?

it was wilson hammer pro ph.. my friend bought it for me as a gift.. it was only 3 weeks old.

actually there's no crack or anything like in the racket when i dropped it.. and when you glance at it you can hardly notice the unequal side of the frame but if you look closely you will be able to notice that the frame has unequal side.

i'll post the picture sometime soon.. i'm in the library right now:mrgreen: i didn't bring my cam.

http://www.acasports.co.uk/images/images_b

SFrazeur
08-13-2006, 05:41 PM
it was wilson hammer pro ph..

Come again? ph?

tennisfanatic
08-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Come again? ph?

this is the racket:

http://www.acasports.co.uk/product_info.php?cpath=477&products_id=7366

SFrazeur
08-13-2006, 06:10 PM
this is the racket:

http://www.acasports.co.uk/product_info.php?cpath=477&products_id=7366

Re brand, no wonder I did not recognize the name.

tennisfanatic
08-13-2006, 06:11 PM
Re brand, no wonder I did not recognize the name.

what do you mean by that?

SFrazeur
08-13-2006, 06:17 PM
what do you mean by that?

Wilson often re brands a frame. They give it a new paint job, and a new

name. The picture seems to show what Wilson called powerholes, at three

and 9. Wilson has not used those in a hyper hammer since I think 98 or 99.

dannyjjang
08-13-2006, 11:59 PM
i think some tennis shops do fix racquets ..buts its only if its graphite or liqui metal ...not sure

Deuce
08-14-2006, 12:13 AM
If there are no cracks, and the racquet is truly not equal on both sides, then I suspect it was that way before you dropped it - likely due to improper stringing.

Then again, maybe the racquet is not warped or "unequal" at all - perhaps you simply have an inner ear infection.

tennisfanatic
08-14-2006, 12:25 AM
If there are no cracks, and the racquet is truly not equal on both sides, then I suspect it was that way before you dropped it - likely due to improper stringing.

Then again, maybe the racquet is not warped or "unequal" at all - perhaps you simply have an inner ear infection.

its not only that noticed that. i showed it also to my friend and then he also noticed that it is indeed unequal on both sides.. but i'm not sure whether it was already unequal before i dropped it.. if indeed it is due to improper stringing will it ruin the frame/racket if continue playing with it? should i restrung this racket? thanks

pchoi04
08-14-2006, 12:37 AM
Cut the strings out. The head should/could return back to normal.

tarheels2323
08-14-2006, 10:26 AM

Were you by chance on top of the Sear's Tower when you "dropped" your racquet?