PDA

View Full Version : Rafa is an idiot

FalconX
08-13-2006, 07:51 PM
I watched his little quick question and answer segment with P.Mac and he said he prefers Real Madrid to Barca. What a moron.

His uncle played in Barca and was part of the dream team. What a dumbass. I hope he was joking.

LowProfile
08-13-2006, 07:54 PM
I could barely understand him at all. Maybe not an idiot, but certainly unintelligible in English. Why does he insist to do interviews in English anyways?

lorenza
08-13-2006, 07:57 PM
I could barely understand him at all. Maybe not an idiot, but certainly unintelligible in English. Why does he insist to do interviews in English anyways?

probably because the people who ask the questions can only speak english and most all players prefer not to use a translator because things can be misinterpreted sometimes...

zhan
08-13-2006, 08:08 PM
probably because the people who ask the questions can only speak english and most all players prefer not to use a translator because things can be misinterpreted sometimes...

what about this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwoK1n-ut44
nadal in spanish?

lorenza
08-13-2006, 08:25 PM
what about this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwoK1n-ut44
nadal in spanish?

o man...i looooove rafa in spanish!!!:D

zhan
08-13-2006, 08:37 PM
o man...i looooove rafa in spanish!!!:D
i love rafa in general !!! :mrgreen:
*That argentine will be here and comment in no time...*

lorenza
08-13-2006, 08:47 PM

yes we all know you love rafa, but at least i can understand him when he speaks in spanish :mrgreen:

zhan
08-13-2006, 08:54 PM
yes we all know you love rafa, but at least i can understand him when he speaks in spanish :mrgreen:

i understand him fully when he speaks spanglish ...
u have to interpret, analyze and think even more indepth

Andres
08-13-2006, 08:55 PM
Nah, I'll make you wait...

And then, strike when you're not expecting it :D

lorenza
08-13-2006, 08:57 PM
i understand him fully when he speaks spanglish ...
u have to interpret, analyze and think even more indepth

his spanglish is awfull...but when he speaks completely in espanol, its beautiful...

zhan
08-13-2006, 08:59 PM
his spanglish is awfull...but when he speaks completely in espanol, its beautiful...

his spanglish... i understand better than his espanol...
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

lorenza
08-13-2006, 09:01 PM
his spanglish... i understand better than his espanol...
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

yeah, i know. thats why i win. because i can understand him in every language he speaks. :mrgreen:

zhan
08-13-2006, 09:05 PM
yeah, i know. thats why i win. because i can understand him in every language he speaks. :mrgreen:

just not english
;)

TennisProPaul
08-13-2006, 09:07 PM
I watched his little quick question and answer segment with P.Mac and he said he prefers Real Madrid to Barca. What a moron.

His uncle played in Barca and was part of the dream team. What a dumbass. I hope he was joking.

big deal. you need to hit the water bong and relax. he said loud and clear that his uncle does not play for them anymore so now his fav team has changed. he is honest and thats refreshing. its just like when his uncle told in a press conf that he enjoys watching federer instead of nadal .

maybee he said that to get back at his uncle

but who cares

lorenza
08-13-2006, 09:07 PM
just not english
;)

nobody can understand him in english...but its still fun to try :D

zhan
08-13-2006, 09:18 PM
nobody can understand him in english...but its still fun to try :D
i understand him fully

lorenza
08-13-2006, 09:20 PM
i understand him fully

:rolleyes:

zhan
08-13-2006, 09:22 PM
he is my dawg

lorenza
08-13-2006, 09:23 PM
he is my dawg

ok...this is getting old. he is your dawg. we get it. no need to remind us every 5 minutes...

Phillip=Tennis guy
08-13-2006, 09:23 PM
what crib did you be meetin him at son?

Cause you know he be rollin..............

lorenza
08-13-2006, 09:24 PM
what crib did you be meetin him at son?

Cause you know he be rollin..............

o no...here we go with all the "gangsta" talk again...

Phillip=Tennis guy
08-13-2006, 09:25 PM
What wrong wit dat?

You got some haterism in yo game.

zhan
08-13-2006, 09:25 PM
o no...here we go with all the "gangsta" talk again...
i will ignore that individual :cool:

lorenza
08-13-2006, 09:26 PM
What wrong wit dat?

You got some haterism in yo game.

no...i dont, its just annoying...but strangely funny at the same time

zhan
08-13-2006, 09:27 PM
no...i dont, its just annoying...but strangely funny at the same time

its only funny if u r 14 and just discovered MTV
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Phillip=Tennis guy
08-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Strangely funny.............

That is not strangely funny........

strangely funny is when I can't stop shitting on my neighbors front lawn.

lorenza
08-13-2006, 09:29 PM
its only funny if u r 14 and just discovered MTV
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

hey, no bashing allowed. and i can think its funny without having to be 14 years old...;)

lorenza
08-13-2006, 09:30 PM
Strangely funny.............

That is not strangely funny........

strangely funny is when I can't stop shitting on my neighbors front lawn.

can i retract my previous statement? i changed my mind...

Phillip=Tennis guy
08-13-2006, 09:30 PM

I'm 14 going on 28............

EDIT: Change what you want..........

lorenza
08-13-2006, 09:32 PM

I'm 14 going on 28............

EDIT: Change what you want..........

sure you are...

zhan
08-13-2006, 09:33 PM
hey, no bashing allowed. and i can think its funny without having to be 14 years old...;)

fine...
if ok if ur 14
but if ur over 14...
u have a lower than 100 IQ
so...
but im allowing u to retract ur statement
:mrgreen:

Phillip=Tennis guy
08-13-2006, 09:35 PM

No comment

lorenza
08-13-2006, 09:35 PM
fine...
if ok if ur 14
but if ur over 14...
u have a lower than 100 IQ
so...
but im allowing u to retract ur statement
:mrgreen:

thanks. and btw, i do have a higher IQ than 100...:mrgreen:

BiGGieStuFF
08-13-2006, 09:36 PM
Didn't he say he liked barcelona when his uncle played for them but after that he said he changed to madrid?

I think he also told us the secret to beating Roger but his spanglish was so bad I thought he was giving us the....

http://i8.tinypic.com/24lrbbn.jpg

equinox
08-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Rafa speaks perfect caveman english.

zhan
08-13-2006, 09:47 PM
thanks. and btw, i do have a higher IQ than 100...:mrgreen:

well 100 = average for the age
higher than 100 = smarter than the normal person at that age
less = muy stupido...
i heard george bush was like IQ of 80...
he must watch a lot of MTV
;)

lorenza
08-13-2006, 09:49 PM
well 100 = average for the age
higher than 100 = smarter than the normal person at that age
less = muy stupido...
i heard george bush was like IQ of 80...
he must watch a lot of MTV
;)

lol. i met george bush once. didnt seem too smart to me...

zhan
08-13-2006, 09:50 PM
lol. i met george bush once. didnt seem too smart to me...
told u...
too much MTV = less IQ
not even the president can resist

lorenza
08-13-2006, 09:53 PM
told u...
too much MTV = less IQ
not even the president can resist

he was governor of TX at the time, but still, i guess mtv can be addicting to anyone...

Phillip=Tennis guy
08-13-2006, 09:56 PM
I was gov. of TX...........

Phil
08-13-2006, 09:57 PM

How does preferring one SOCCER team over another-a personal opinion-make anyone an "idiot"? Seems to me that you're the IDIOT for posting this dribble.

Oh, BTW, Barca blows.

FalconX
08-13-2006, 09:58 PM
stop talking about his english. the fact that he supports the facist galacticos automatically qualifies him as a big freaking idiot.

Phillip=Tennis guy
08-13-2006, 09:58 PM
damn., Phil that was messed up.

True somewhat but messed up.

BiGGieStuFF
08-13-2006, 10:02 PM
he was governor of TX at the time, but still, i guess mtv can be addicting to anyone...

Hmm..does MTV show anything good these days? I was never into road rules, real world or whatever other shows they have.

I might be showing my age but I liked it when they played videos all the time and they had that one show remote control with colin quinn and jenny mccarthy. Heck i can't even remember who the host was.

zhan
08-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Hmm..does MTV show anything good these days? I was never into road rules, real world or whatever other shows they have.

I might be showing my age but I liked it when they played videos all the time and they had that one show remote control with colin quinn and jenny mccarthy. Heck i can't even remember who the host was.

i watched room raiders once...
it was lame

Phil
08-13-2006, 10:05 PM
damn., Phil that was messed up.

True somewhat but messed up.

Wha...you mean what I said about Barca?

lorenza
08-13-2006, 10:06 PM

nah. mtv sucks nowadays. the only time i watch it is when i am on vacation in mexico because they seriously show like 5 videos and then 1 minute of comercials the entire day. so much better than here where they show like 2 videos and then 5 minutes of comercials. and thats only in the morning cuz later on they have all those ******** shows...

FalconX
08-13-2006, 10:20 PM
How does preferring one SOCCER team over another-a personal opinion-make anyone an "idiot"? Seems to me that you're the IDIOT for posting this dribble.

Oh, BTW, Barca blows.

neither barca nor the real are just "soccer" teams. it's a lot deeper than than that. your a smart guy, do your own research and you'll know where you're wrong.

it's fine if rafa doesn't like barca, but he has his own team in mallorca. to declare his dislike for barca like that is an insult to his uncle and catalonia because of the significance of the team his uncle was part of.

i'm typing this on a pda so excuse my sp/grammar.

Phil
08-13-2006, 10:51 PM
neither barca nor the real are just "soccer" teams. it's a lot deeper than than that. your a smart guy, do your own research and you'll know where you're wrong.

it's fine if rafa doesn't like barca, but he has his own team in mallorca. to declare his dislike for barca like that is an insult to his uncle and catalonia because of the significance of the team his uncle was part of.

The only person who is "wrong" here is YOU. Why would being a fan of one team or another make a difference...in anything? Outside of the UK, being a soccer fan, or following a certain team has no direct correlation to one's intelligence, so calling Nadal a moron for having an opinion on this is, well, moronic.

Luca
08-14-2006, 01:14 AM

And insult to his uncle and Catalonia??Are you joking?
Im from Spain, and I support Barça since his uncle was playing there with Johan Cruyff, some years ago,but let me say that I don´t undertand why do you say Nadal is stupid just because he supports Real Madrid. He has his own preferences, and if he prefers Real Madrid where is the problem? His uncle understands it perfectly, and I saw a TV interview where they where joking about it.
Nadal always says that despite being a Real Madrid fan, when his uncle played in that team he wanted Barça to win, because of his uncle and because he also likes Barça. He´s a huge R.Madrid fan, but he´s not "against" Barça or something, he likes boths teams.And for example, this year, as Real Madrid had no chances to win the league, he wanted Barça to win, ´cause he said they were the best team and deserved it.
An insult to catalonia? Firstly, he´s not catalan. If anything, it would be an insult to Mallorca team. (which would be also stupid)
Am I insulting Madrileans because I support Barça? I think you are talking about politics not about football or sports..
I hate radicalism...

FalconX
08-14-2006, 09:25 AM
The only person who is "wrong" here is YOU. Why would being a fan of one team or another make a difference...in anything? Outside of the UK, being a soccer fan, or following a certain team has no direct correlation to one's intelligence, so calling Nadal a moron for having an opinion on this is, well, moronic.

It does make a difference. European football is a lot different than American sports with their franchises. Supporters of certain teams are known to be trashier, some are working class, some are sophisticated urbanites. Religion (e.g. Celtic vs. rangers), geographics(e.g. Napoli or sicilian teams vs. powerful northern teams), demographics(e.g. Schalke vs. Dortmund) and politics(Barca or bilbao vs. teams with royal distinction) all play a role. I think that in spain it's impossible to separate football from politics.

Luca
08-14-2006, 12:03 PM
It does make a difference. European football is a lot different than American sports with their franchises. Supporters of certain teams are known to be trashier, some are working class, some are sophisticated urbanites. Religion (e.g. Celtic vs. rangers), geographics(e.g. Napoli or sicilian teams vs. powerful northern teams), demographics(e.g. Schalke vs. Dortmund) and politics(Barca or bilbao vs. teams with royal distinction) all play a role. I think that in spain it's impossible to separate football from politics.
okaaaay!!so it´s all about politics.In that case I have to understand that:
1) Miguel Angel Nadal played in FC Barcelona for many years and is considerated one of the most important Barça players in recent history
2) Some Barça supporters (in your opinion, ALL, I think) wants the independence of Catalonia, blah, blah..
3) Some Barça supporters, who wants independence, hates Real Madrid and viceversa, people who highly supports Monarchy (or Franco..No Comment) are against Barça.
4) So in your opinion, Nadal, as his uncle played in Barça, has to respect his uncle( who is NOT Catalan) hating Real Madrid and respect Catalonia being in favour of their independence( as you say "it´s impossible to separate football and politics")..Am I right??
And some of us want the Peace in Libano...

FalconX
08-14-2006, 01:08 PM
okaaaay!!so it´s all about politics.In that case I have to understand that:
1) Miguel Angel Nadal played in FC Barcelona for many years and is considerated one of the most important Barça players in recent history
2) Some Barça supporters (in your opinion, ALL, I think) wants the independence of Catalonia, blah, blah..
3) Some Barça supporters, who wants independence, hates Real Madrid and viceversa, people who highly supports Monarchy (or Franco..No Comment) are against Barça.
4) So in your opinion, Nadal, as his uncle played in Barça, has to respect his uncle( who is NOT Catalan) hating Real Madrid and respect Catalonia being in favour of their independence( as you say "it´s impossible to separate football and politics")..Am I right??
And some of us want the Peace in Libano...

If you are from spain you know better than me that the majority of catalans no longer have separatist aspirations. In fact some of our catalan players like Puyol, Guardiola,and Xavi are proud of representing Spain. But you cannot deny the fact that they are still very proud of their history and catalan identity.

Rafa is trying to have his cake and eat it too. He's trying to appeal to all of spain. While in reality you can't really be a fan of both teams.

Luca
08-14-2006, 03:38 PM
If you are from spain you know better than me that the majority of catalans no longer have separatist aspirations. In fact some of our catalan players like Puyol, Guardiola,and Xavi are proud of representing Spain. But you cannot deny the fact that they are still very proud of their history and catalan identity.

Rafa is trying to have his cake and eat it too. He's trying to appeal to all of spain. While in reality you can't really be a fan of both teams.
I don´t say Nadal is a big fan of Barça, but he doesnt have to be against Barça, and if his uncle played in that team, its normal that he has such a feelings or respect for that team too.ok, he supports R.Madrid, but if his uncle plays in another team, "blood is blood", is normal he want them to win too.
Nadal is not from Catalonia so he doesnt has to have that kind of feelings about Catalonia and his history as catalans players like Puyol or Guardiola, as you say. His uncle was a player of that team, and thats why he also respects it. But my opinion is that if he respects Barça, or Bilbao or any other "not Royal team"(?) is just because he´s a respectful person, simply as that. You don´t have to be a Holligan to enjoy football.
And, apart of this, sincerely..if you saw the Barça league celebration, Do you think some of the catalan players, who play in the spanish selection and showed the "Senyera" (catalonian nationalism flag) after winning the league, are so proud of representing Spain or if they could choose they would rather play in a catalonian selection? I think some of them play in the Spanish one ´cause they have no chance. And of course, they cannot say "no", if they are asked to play in the Spanish selection.

Phil
08-14-2006, 06:33 PM

But how does being a fan of a specific football team make one a "moron". I didn't see moron or idiot teams/followers in your little list above.

You said something stupid and indefensible and now you're just playing games.

It makes NO difference. Anyway, ANYONE who elevates a friggin' sport to anything beyond what it is...sport, is a moron. I would also suggest to them that they Get A Life.

FalconX
08-14-2006, 08:16 PM
I don´t say Nadal is a big fan of Barça, but he doesnt have to be against Barça, and if his uncle played in that team, its normal that he has such a feelings or respect for that team too.ok, he supports R.Madrid, but if his uncle plays in another team, "blood is blood", is normal he want them to win too.
Nadal is not from Catalonia so he doesnt has to have that kind of feelings about Catalonia and his history as catalans players like Puyol or Guardiola, as you say. His uncle was a player of that team, and thats why he also respects it. But my opinion is that if he respects Barça, or Bilbao or any other "not Royal team"(?) is just because he´s a respectful person, simply as that. You don´t have to be a Holligan to enjoy football.
And, apart of this, sincerely..if you saw the Barça league celebration, Do you think some of the catalan players, who play in the spanish selection and showed the "Senyera" (catalonian nationalism flag) after winning the league, are so proud of representing Spain or if they could choose they would rather play in a catalonian selection? I think some of them play in the Spanish one ´cause they have no chance. And of course, they cannot say "no", if they are asked to play in the Spanish selection.

The point is Miguel was part of a special team that stands for a significant achievment and a hugely important era in barca's history. Of course in a team sport like football a team's success is as good as the success of each contributing member that team. Barca's glory is Nadal's glory. All those trophies that barca racked up in those years is Miguel and the other team members' legacy. Of course, what makes this more special is the fact Barcelona fans embrace their footballing heroes like no other. That in large parts is due to the socio-politcal reasons and a history that I don't have to explain to you. You said you are Barca fan so, I'm sure you are well aware of these facts. And the fascinating thing about it, which by the way is what I love about Barca, is that in that show of love, colors and nationalities of the players make no difference. You can be Spanish, Dutch, Bulgarian, Brazilian, Danish, Philipono, Portugese, Basque, black, pink, purple, but you are a member of an exclusive club. You are a god.

The exceptions are certainly some traitors like Pigo, and some players like Laudrup or Ronaldo who are always willing to change colors for some green($). Although in Laudrup's case, dispite him making that change he's still adored in Barcelona, simply because he was part of that dream team, which brings me back to my original point.

Nadal supporting Real is akin to Armstrong's nephew(assuming he has one)supporting some french rider. It's odd, it's inconsiderate, inappropriate, and yes, probably insulting too.

About your last point, I'm not sure what they'd prefer. They don't really talk about it except Oleguer who's a bit of a nutcase. But I don't think there's any wrong with waving the catalan flag.

Phil
08-14-2006, 08:25 PM
The point is Miguel was part of a special team that stands for a significant achievment and a hugely important era in barca's history. Of course in a team sport like football a team's success is as good as the success of each contributing member that team. Barca's glory is Nadal's glory. All those trophies that barca racked up in those years is Miguel and the other team members' legacy. Of course, what makes this more special is the fact Barcelona fans embrace their footballing heroes like no other. That in large parts is due to the socio-politcal reasons and a history that I don't have to explain to you. You said you are Barca fan so, I'm sure you are well aware of these facts. And the fascinating thing about it, which by the way is what I love about Barca, is that in that show of love, colors and nationalities of the players make no difference. You can be Spanish, Dutch, Bulgarian, Brazilian, Danish, Philipono, Portugese, Basque, black, pink, purple, but you are a member of an exclusive club. You are a god.

The exceptions are certainly some traitors like Pigo, and some players like Laudrup or Ronaldo who are always willing to change colors for some green($). Although in Laudrup's case, dispite him making that change he's still adored in Barcelona, simply because he was part of that dream team, which brings me back to my original point.

Nadal supporting Real is akin to Armstrong's nephew(assuming he has one)supporting some french rider. It's odd, it's inconsiderate, inappropriate, and yes, probably insulting too.

About your last point, I'm not sure what they'd prefer. They don't really talk about it except Oleguer who's a bit of a nutcase. But I don't think there's any wrong with waving the catalan flag.

Not that I need convincing now, but I'm even more convinced by this post that you're the idiot here, not "Rafa".

FalconX
08-14-2006, 08:28 PM
But how does being a fan of a specific football team make one a "moron". I didn't see moron or idiot teams/followers in your little list above.

You said something stupid and indefensible and now you're just playing games.

It makes NO difference. Anyway, ANYONE who elevates a friggin' sport to anything beyond what it is...sport, is a moron. I would also suggest to them that they Get A Life.

As a matter of fact my position is quite defesible as I explain in my above response.

And you just called Tommie Smith, Ali, Billie Jean, members and fans of the "miracle on ice" US hockey team and a whole bunch of other notable personalites and majority of American sports fans a bunch of morons. Nice going there.

Dan007
08-14-2006, 08:36 PM

I bet you would sound dumber speaking a language that you have not learned.

FalconX
08-14-2006, 08:45 PM
I bet you would sound dumber speaking a language that you have not learned.

well you seem just about as dumb as an amoeba speaking a language you already know. Cuz your slow brain was clearly incapable of following this thread and comperhending that I was NOT talking about the way he talks.

HyperHorse
08-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Again Phil's grumpiness and lack of cultural awareness shines through....

Luca
08-15-2006, 05:37 AM

Ok, its clear we are going nowhere talking about this..
If you think Nadal is a traitor or whatever because he supports R.Madrid and not Barça, what can I say you, thats your opinion, I dont agree with you at all. Ok, I was also surprised when I knew that he supports R.Madrid instead of Barça,yes, because of his uncle and all that, but ok thats his choice, (hard to understand how someone can support that group of fat and lazy players but...;) ). His uncle doesnt consider his nephew as a traitor.Thats the only important, not your opinion or mine one. He´s proud of him as Rafa was proud of his uncle success when playing in the Dream Team. Thats the only important. And of course, consider Nadal a traitor of Catalonia has not name. I cant understand how you say that about a NON catalan person. And even if he were, and talking in general, does that means that a catalan person who doesnt supports Barça is not a good catalan?? Doesnt that person deserves to be consider as a "good Catalan" or what? You are a bit radical, i think..Thinks are not "white" or "Black". Not all the catalans are nationalists.
About the flag and that, I dont think is wrong, I respect them and their ideology, maybe if I were Catalan I would do that too(or maybe not, who knows), but I just want you to see that, if you consider Nadal as a traitor because not supporting Barça (stupid view, I repeat), then you can consider some of the catalan players as hipocryts for defending the Spanish colours that (some of them,for sure) dont feel.

zampano
08-15-2006, 05:25 PM
stop talking about his english. the fact that he supports the facist galacticos automatically qualifies him as a big freaking idiot.

what you're actually saying is he's an idiot for supporting real madrid and not because he's not supporting his uncles ex team:confused:

zampano
08-15-2006, 05:30 PM

nonsense, that was 20, 30 years ago, not today and def. not in spain.

zampano
08-15-2006, 05:43 PM

his uncle was a professional player, it happened that he played for barcelona for many years, but he might have played for 4,5 teams during that time.
so rafa would have had to support them all for the rest of his live?:o

by the way almost half of spain population supports real madrid and the other one barca, beside their local team.

zampano
08-15-2006, 05:54 PM
The exceptions are certainly some traitors like Pigo, and some players like Laudrup or Ronaldo who are always willing to change colors for some green($).

traitors? professional players.
they change colors the way clubs get rid of them when it suits them.

zampano
08-15-2006, 05:56 PM
But how does being a fan of a specific football team make one a "moron".
Anyway, ANYONE who elevates a friggin' sport to anything beyond what it is...sport, is a moron. I would also suggest to them that they Get A Life.

wimble10
08-15-2006, 07:12 PM
I like Real Madrid. They're my favorite team.

Phil
08-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Again Phil's grumpiness and lack of cultural awareness shines through....

I have a feeling that my "cultural awareness" is about 20X the level that yous is. Some things, in any culture, are b.s. Like genital mutilation or animal sacrifices, or "honor killings"...I know they are an integral part of certain "cultures", but that doesn't mean they are not WRONG, not just by my own personal moral standards, but historically, by everyone else's. So, to me, beating people up, calling them morons, even, in extreme cases, KILLING PEOPLE over a sports contest is plain dumb, wrong and moronic. Call me a cultural imperialist or any other garbage PC term you can think of...the best that countries like Spain and England have to offer are not in their sports. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

FalconX
08-16-2006, 07:27 AM
I have a feeling that my "cultural awareness" is about 20X the level that yous is. Some things, in any culture, are b.s. Like genital mutilation or animal sacrifices, or "honor killings"...I know they are an integral part of certain "cultures", but that doesn't mean they are not WRONG, not just by my own personal moral standards, but historically, by everyone else's. So, to me, beating people up, calling them morons, even, in extreme cases, KILLING PEOPLE over a sports contest is plain dumb, wrong and moronic. Call me a cultural imperialist or any other garbage PC term you can think of...the best that countries like Spain and England have to offer are not in their sports. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

Come one now phil, don't "miss"underestimate yourself. You call people moron (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/search.php?searchid=1190506) over much simpler things. You live to insult people.

Phil
08-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Come one now phil, don't "miss"underestimate yourself. You call people moron (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/search.php?searchid=1190506) over much simpler things. You live to insult people.

No, I live to insult MORONS (the real ones).

HyperHorse
08-16-2006, 06:27 PM

lol, you make me laugh... thanks for that...
Just remember soccer in Europe is a religion over there...
What's so complex about that that you dont get???
Its like some ppl & american football, or baseball....

FalconX
08-16-2006, 06:49 PM

Personally, I enjoy being on the same list as chomsky, muhammad ali, billie jean king... A real moron and proud of it. In the mean while you can be a "fake" moron along with the butt picking Nadal. I'd be hard pressed to pick the more annoying personality between the two of you. Hala madrid.

BiGGieStuFF
08-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Man why did i come back into this thread? :D

Phil
08-16-2006, 07:10 PM
lol, you make me laugh... thanks for that...
Just remember soccer in Europe is a religion over there...
What's so complex about that that you dont get???
Its like some ppl & american football, or baseball....

Well, HyperHorse, if soccer is like a "religion", then that's definitly not a good thing. That's about the worst thing you can compare it to-when speaking with me.

I'm not a big fan of organized religion. Imagine how many people, even RECENTLY, were killed in Europe over religion. Historically, Europe doesn't "handle" religious/ethnic differences very well, so why create yet ANOTHER excuse, shallow-*** sports, to further alieninate people? I still say it's b.s. and has nothing to do with my "lack of cultural awareness".

I'm a sports fan, but it isn't my reason for existance. I love my Steelers, but a loss doesn't depress me for the next six weeks, or make me want to go out and kick the crap out out of a rival team supporter (or a Potestant or Catholic, or Catalan, etc.).

I guess you're never going to understand how twisted it is to use sports as a substitute for something more complicated, or as a way to fill an empty void in your life...that's fine. Continue to live your unexamined life...as most of us do. I'm talking about this on a SPORTS board, so I don't imagine finding many people who will agree with me, but I'm sure there's a few...

Phil
08-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Personally, I enjoy being on the same list as chomsky, muhammad ali, billie jean king... A real moron and proud of it. In the mean while you can be a "fake" moron along with the butt picking Nadal. I'd be hard pressed to pick the more annoying personality between the two of you. Hala madrid.

uhmmm...you're not on the same list they are. You're a moron. Those you named are not.

FalconX
08-16-2006, 07:16 PM
uhmmm...you're not on the same list they are. You're a moron. Those you named are not.

Anyway, ANYONE who elevates a friggin' sport to anything beyond what it is...sport, is a moron. I would also suggest to them that they Get A Life.

HyperHorse
08-16-2006, 07:29 PM
I agree 100% with what you've said... *shrug*

Well, HyperHorse, if soccer is like a "religion", then that's definitly not a good thing. That's about the worst thing you can compare it to-when speaking with me.

I'm not a big fan of organized religion. Imagine how many people, even RECENTLY, were killed in Europe over religion. Historically, Europe doesn't "handle" religious/ethnic differences very well, so why create yet ANOTHER excuse, shallow-*** sports, to further alieninate people? I still say it's b.s. and has nothing to do with my "lack of cultural awareness".

I'm a sports fan, but it isn't my reason for existance. I love my Steelers, but a loss doesn't depress me for the next six weeks, or make me want to go out and kick the crap out out of a rival team supporter (or a Potestant or Catholic, or Catalan, etc.).

I guess you're never going to understand how twisted it is to use sports as a substitute for something more complicated, or as a way to fill an empty void in your life...that's fine. Continue to live your unexamined life...as most of us do. I'm talking about this on a SPORTS board, so I don't imagine finding many people who will agree with me, but I'm sure there's a few...

Phil
08-16-2006, 07:36 PM
I agree 100% with what you've said... *shrug*

You and Falcon-X should get together and have a nice chat. Not much you could say to each other, but you'd both have a fine time.