PDA

View Full Version : flexpoint prestige mid or mid plus

dcsrour
08-14-2006, 03:41 AM
I have just demoed the head flexpoint prestige mid plus and loved the feel of the racquet. I have always enjoyed using a smaller head racquet so I would like to demo the mid sized frame before making a decision. Any feedback on comparing the two would be helpful. Thank you. (ps college level player)

dcsrour
08-14-2006, 11:43 AM
anybody??????

badmice2
08-14-2006, 01:58 PM
I just had a chance to demo both, I perfer the mid+ over the mid. I though the mid swings too light and plays too stiff. The mid+ definitely has a softer feel; you can generate decent to great pace with sacifying too much control. I would say the racket plays very similar to say...200G MW. The mid plays nothing like the older line of prestige (nothing compaible to the Trisys or Classic).

mileslong
08-14-2006, 04:45 PM
i own both and here is my take:

the MP has suprising power, due to the tight string pattern you will need to generate your own spin of course but its there if you want it. it spins much more than the 200gMW which i also own. im selling mine however as i need a racket with less power although this one is a very good racket and with the right player i think it would be a great choice. i think this one has a very nice feel although no racket to me feels as good as the 200G MW.

the mid has excellent control a suprising pop, i think the perfect amount of pop for a mid. the only concern with this racket is the sweet spot. the head is actually 89" instead of 93" as advertised and the sweet spot is much smaller than say the yonex rds 001 mid or the volkl dnx 10 mid. if you arent an accomplished player then this is not the racket for you. i hit great forehands with this one and my serves are very accurate with some nice pop we well. the only trouble i have is with my 1HBH. i create a ton of topspin with it and so the margin for error is minimal. this rackets doesnt allow for any error at all with that shot so i struggle sometimes with that shot with this racket.

hope this helps.

Offshore
08-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Demo'd both last month. The mid was a very solid frame and "when" I hit the ball cleanly it really provided a nice stable feel and great power on demand. Serving was its strong point for me. While its swingweight is listed as about the same as the MP, it swung a bit heavy for me. Maybe it was the smaller head size and my frustration hitting a consistently solid 2h backhand; especially on returns. The midplus was a super frame and one that I am considering using for the long term (along with considering the PK 7g). It swung lighter than the old LM version and I could create better spin and racquet head speed. It was crisper and stiffer feeling than the LM version also. That is a double edged sword, as I liked the LM Prestige "spongy" comfort but I believe that I would have better success with the FXP Prestige's slightly lighter/stiffer feel and increased power level. The frame still had a nice comfortable feel though. I could really bang my backhands and also turn on a few balls and rip them down the line. For the record both sticks were strung at 59 lbs with Bi-Phase 18g strings. I used to like the iPrestige but I really enjoyed the FXP Prestige version and may spring for a couple after I finish the 7g workout. I hope this helps. Good luck!

dcsrour
08-14-2006, 06:05 PM
thanks for your help guys. i will keep that in mind. i really liked the midplus but like i said, i have always used a smaller head and will demo the mid this week before making a decision. thanks again!

danix
08-14-2006, 06:31 PM
If you decide you like the MP, I may be selling a pair, you can email me via my profile.