PDA

View Full Version : Mother F-er!!!! Redondo Mid wont be in until 10/8

UpTheT
08-14-2006, 05:19 AM
What the hell is that all about? I've already waited 3 weeks, now they extend it 2 more months.

I'm starting to hate PK.

thejuice
08-14-2006, 07:29 AM
If you really want it then you can try a couple of other online retailers. M i d w e s t & H o l a b i r d both have them in stock. I prefer TW but if you are feening for it then give them a call.

UpTheT
08-14-2006, 08:47 AM
COMPARE THE SPECS.

This from halobird. 10.8 ???????

Specifications
Weight: 10.8 Ounces (unstrung) / 11.68 Ounces (strung)
Length: 27 Inches
Tension: 55-68 Lbs.
String Pattern: 18M x 20C
Headsize: 93 in. - Mid
Beam Width: 19mm Straight Beam
Balance Point: 32cm. / 12.61in. - Head Light
Flex (RDC): 57
Composition: 100% Graphite
Swing Weight: 310
Power Level: Low
Swing Type: Long & Fast
Grip: Leather
Technology: Precision Engineered

rasajadad
08-14-2006, 09:07 AM
If you NEED the racquet, better get on the phone quick to locate some. TW (+you) are now waiting for factory to start a production run, then for the boat to come in from China, then for the shipment to clear customs, etc, etc.

DXS
08-14-2006, 09:08 AM
M i d W e s t is out of stock as well .................. It must be more popular than they imagined.

Kevin T
08-14-2006, 09:56 AM
I use and love PK racquets for all sports but we've been here before. They had massive distribution problems a few years ago, so bad that a number of retailers stopped carrying their products. Hope this is just a sign of the Redondo's popularity, not their supply chain.

basil J
08-14-2006, 10:16 AM
I put an order in last week for a 98" and they have moved the ship date out twice already. PK said that they have had an unanticipated high volume of requests for this frame...

UpTheT
08-14-2006, 11:50 AM
******GET ANY GRIP SIZE YOU CAN******

I ordered the 4 1/2s after talking to PK themselves. They said they only made 100 of each size in the 93s and they are waiting for the factory to ship out a new batch.
PK also told me that the racket grips are a clam shell design which means you can buy any grip size and change out the handle pallets. You can get the pallets from PK directly. Some 3m 77 (?) adhesive spray and its done (pk will give you the details).

I can live with the 4 1/2s if I decide not to change out the handle pallets.

All this for a freekin racket.

anirut
08-14-2006, 06:44 PM
... PK said that they have had an unanticipated high volume of requests for this frame...

Redondo gaining a cult status?

anirut
08-14-2006, 06:48 PM
******GET ANY GRIP SIZE YOU CAN******

I ordered the 4 1/2s after talking to PK themselves. They said they only made 100 of each size in the 93s and they are waiting for the factory to ship out a new batch.
PK also told me that the racket grips are a clam shell design which means you can buy any grip size and change out the handle pallets. You can get the pallets from PK directly. Some 3m 77 (?) adhesive spray and its done (pk will give you the details).

I can live with the 4 1/2s if I decide not to change out the handle pallets.

All this for a freekin racket.

UpTheT:

Relax, mate. Good things don't come easy ... but shouldn't be this difficult.

Note that the bevels on the Redondo grip is 'quite' sharp. I had to file the angles off a little so they don't hurt. I'm using the leather only. Can't use over grip otherwise the 4 1/2 + overgrip will be too big for me.

christo
08-14-2006, 07:56 PM
So you buy a PK Redondo Mid and a LaserFiber stringing machine and BDE gut and you'll be lucky if you have them by New Years, ha, ha ! All kidding aside, I demo'd the Mid back in like March and loved it and tried to order it. Guess what... the same song and dance. The deal with China is , no matter what business you're in, the bigger the order, the better the service and the better the factory you get to make your product. So the Wilson's and Prince's get first dibs, everyone else waits in line, end of story.
Buy a Volkl DNX10 Mid, you'll be very happy and get more topspin into the bargain!

Keifers
08-15-2006, 06:32 PM
UpTheT and basil J,

I can't advertise in this forum. Please e-mail me re Redondos (click on my user name at left).

Thanks.