PDA

View Full Version : How to increase the weight of the butt cap?

Golden Retriever
08-14-2006, 09:53 AM
All I can think of is to stick a quarter at the end of the butt cap which works but it makes it butt ugly. Is there any way to increase the weight of the butt cap and looking good at the same time?

ace of spades
08-14-2006, 09:59 AM
well you can wrap some lead under the grip

Dopke
08-14-2006, 10:00 AM
You can also try removing the butt cap and placing lead inside the handle. Some racquets is easier than others to remove the butt cap.

Golden Retriever
08-14-2006, 10:10 AM
You can also try removing the butt cap and placing lead inside the handle. Some racquets is easier than others to remove the butt cap.

Tried that already but couldn't remove eight industrial strength staples without destroying the racquet altogether. My only option is to stick something at the end of the butt cap.

Golden Retriever
08-14-2006, 10:11 AM
well you can wrap some lead under the grip
Tried that already but still not heavy enough.

travlerajm
08-14-2006, 10:13 AM

Get some lead fishing weights and attach them securely with masking tape. Once you find the weight you like, then you can find a more permanent solution.

Golden Retriever
08-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Get some lead fishing weights and attach them securely with masking tape. Once you find the weight you like, then you can find a more permanent solution.

Attaching fishing weights at the end of the butt cap? Wouldn't that look even more ugly than the quarter?

pchoi04
08-14-2006, 12:20 PM
What racquet do you use, your making it sound like the buttcap is laced with adamantium or something.. It shouldnt be that hard to take out the nails. I just used a really tiny flat head screw driver. Your probably going to make some marks on the buttcap but who cares. Its going to be wrapped up anyway.

tempura_MAKI
08-14-2006, 12:27 PM
I just take off the bubble decal and glue a coin under there and place the decal back on. Unless your buttcap doesnt have the decal.

foetz
08-14-2006, 04:29 PM
Is there any way to increase the weight of the butt cap and looking good at the same time?

no way. serena tried it ...

acetennisman
08-14-2006, 04:33 PM
i dont understand how adding lead under the handle doesnt add enough weight. Adding under the grip makes the weight mass closer to even which is technically heavier feeling with the same amount of weight. I dont know what your goals are, but i took off my leather grip and added 50 grams of lead tape under the handle, so that it now looks entirely silver. Then i put the leather grip back on and added just two strips o flead at 3 and 9 and the racquet feels great. And i dont think theres such thing as the two concepts of good looking and tennis at the same time; unless it so happens that you some hot girl sponsored by yonex.

onkystomper
08-14-2006, 04:35 PM
lol made me chuckle lots

Dopke
08-15-2006, 10:47 PM

How much weight are you trying to add X_X. If you really want to add that much weight, do the wrapping under the grip but with industrial lead tape or something, something that has a greater density than lead tape made for tennis.

arifed
08-16-2006, 01:00 AM
All I can think of is to stick a quarter at the end of the butt cap which works but it makes it butt ugly. Is there any way to increase the weight of the butt cap and looking good at the same time?

Try to riconsider this point.
If the lead on the butt cap works and it's effective, it's also gonna be kind of your good job's signature on your racquet.

Be proud of that and show it off, instead of hiding the proof that you work on YOUR stick. That is not gonna be a store racquet any more.

Does it seem too romantic or does it make sense?

BTW, if by quarter you mean a coin, well, it's not exactly gonna be a masterpiece but with lead tape or with the lead that is used to fix car wheels's balance (sorry but I don't know the appropriate words) it'd look much better.

Take care