PDA

View Full Version : The Ball Machine. Your Experiences..

josef
08-14-2006, 05:58 PM
Okay. From what I read (trust me, i've searched and searched:mrgreen: ), I gather that there are lots of people on this board who may own certain ball machines or have experience with some that have not spoken up about them just yet. I, like many others, would Love to purchase a ball machine and would really like to hear about what brands people have and how they feel about them..

so maybe we can try a summary type thing just to get people's overall experience with certain brands..

feel free to list...

brand/model:
price paid: (if you don't mind telling..)
how long you've owned it:
how often it's used:
feature you like the most:
feature you wish it had:
is the top speed 'fast enough':
was it worth the purchase:
how portable is it: (heavy, light, awkward, too big for trunk, crappy wheels, etc, etc)
has it been reliable:
any thoughts about the company on reliablity issues: (friendly, helpful, not helpful, don't know yet, etc.)
if you could do it all again, would you buy the same model/brand:
your personal rating: (3.0, 3.5, 4.0, etc.)

many thanks in advance to all those who contribute.;)

josef

PS. please only submit if you have personal experience with the machine. no hearsay.. as we are searching for Truth.. lol.

pmata814
08-14-2006, 08:01 PM
Okay. From what I read (trust me, i've searched and searched:mrgreen: ), I gather that there are lots of people on this board who may own certain ball machines or have experience with some that have not spoken up about them just yet. I, like many others, would Love to purchase a ball machine and would really like to hear about what brands people have and how they feel about them..

so maybe we can try a summary type thing just to get people's overall experience with certain brands..

feel free to list...

brand/model:Wilson Portable w/2line oscillation and spin control
price paid:$1150 (I think)
how long you've owned it: about 2 years
how often it's used: about every other week now. Every day when I first bought though.
feature you like the most: Spin control
feature you wish it had: a narrower 2-line oscillation and random up and down to go along with the random left to right. Like the new tennis tutor player model.
is the top speed 'fast enough': Yes. I've never had to use it.
was it worth the purchase: yes.
how portable is it: (heavy, light, awkward, too big for trunk, crappy wheels, etc, etc) I find it easy to move around...others disagree though.
has it been reliable:yes
any thoughts about the company on reliablity issues: (friendly, helpful, not helpful, don't know yet, etc.) It's also made by Tennis Tutor. Very reliable and helpful.
if you could do it all again, would you buy the same model/brand: No. I would pay the extra money for the Player Model of the Tennis Tutor, however; back then the player model had not come out yet and even if it had I could not have afforded it. Now I could though.
your personal rating: (3.0, 3.5, 4.0, etc.)I am a 3.0

josef

PS. please only submit if you have personal experience with the machine. no hearsay.. as we are searching for Truth.. lol.

Hope this helps.

Bolivian10s
08-14-2006, 09:09 PM

feel free to list...

brand/model:TENNIS TUTOR PLUS PLAYER
price paid: (if you don't mind telling..)$1749.00 (-700 TRADE-IN CREDIT)
how long you've owned it: 4 MONTHS
how often it's used: ONCE AND TWICE A WEEK
feature you like the most: PLAYER MODE, NO OTHER MACHINE CAN DO THE SAME
feature you wish it had: LONGER TOWING HANDLE (BUT NO BIG DEAL)
is the top speed 'fast enough': PLENTY FAST, 95 MPH IS OVERKILL
was it worth the purchase: YUP, ESPECIALLY THAT I CAN TRADE IN MY OLD TUTOR FOR A NEW ONE
how portable is it: (heavy, light, awkward, too big for trunk, crappy wheels, etc, etc)
has it been reliable: ITS HEAVY, NOT AWKWARD, FITS IN MY TRUNK, TOWING WHEELS ARE FINE AND ITS BEEN SUPER RELIABLE
any thoughts about the company on reliablity issues: (friendly, helpful, not helpful, don't know yet, etc.)
THEY ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFULL ALL THE TIME, IM VERY LUCKY BECAUSE I LIVE IN LA.
if you could do it all again, would you buy the same model/brand:YES I LIKE MY TUTOR AND IF THEY COME OUT WITH ANOTHER BETTER TUTOR, I WOULD TRADE-IN MY MACHINE FOR CREDIT
your personal rating: (3.0, 3.5, 4.0, etc.) 4.0 I WAS A 2.5 FOUR YRS AGO.

josef

josef
08-15-2006, 04:48 AM
thanks guys keep em coming!!

brand/model:
price paid:
how long you've owned it:
how often it's used:
feature you like the most:
feature you wish it had:
is the top speed 'fast enough':
was it worth the purchase:
how portable is it:
has it been reliable:
any thoughts about the company on reliablity issues:
if you could do it all again, would you buy the same model/brand:
your personal rating: (3.0, 3.5, 4.0, etc.)

wfudeac
08-15-2006, 07:28 AM
brand/model: Wilson Portable
price paid: (if you don't mind telling..) Around 1100 including Smart Charger. Opted not to pay extra for 2-line/remote.
how long you've owned it: 5 months
how often it's used: 3x a week
feature you like the most: Topspin/backspin
feature you wish it had: Some type of gauge for elevation, two-line function
is the top speed 'fast enough': Fast enough for me! Using worn balls slows them down though.
was it worth the purchase: Definitely! You can practice so many different types of shots, my overhead has improved drastically
how portable is it: (heavy, light, awkward, too big for trunk, crappy wheels, etc, etc). Semi-portable..It's heavy (40 lbs) and the handle doesn't extend, so you have to bend sideways to carry it and the wheels are small.
has it been reliable: Definitely. The battery has not worn down on me yet and I use it for days without recharging
any thoughts about the company on reliablity issues: (friendly, helpful, not helpful, don't know yet, etc.) TennisTutor (makes the Wilson model) is the most reliable company out there, excellent customer service
if you could do it all again, would you buy the same model/brand: Yes, given the same spending amount
your personal rating: (3.0, 3.5, 4.0, etc.) 3.5