PDA

View Full Version : Wilson quality control check

Roger_federer
08-14-2006, 06:31 PM
I have heard that the quality of Wilson is not that good. The specs are not right. Can I bring my racquet to any local store and check the whole specs? How do they do this?

If i want to buy more from now, Im going to always ask for quality check.

TN1
08-14-2006, 06:59 PM
I bought two nBlades and they was a 5 grams difference in the frames. Also, I think the lighter racquet has a higher swingweight. It doesn't bother me too much on the court but it definitely gets into my head when I am thinking about modding my racquet.

SFrazeur
08-14-2006, 07:01 PM
I have heard that the quality of Wilson is not that good. The specs are not right. Can I bring my racquet to any local store and check the whole specs? How do they do this?

If i want to buy more from now, Im going to always ask for quality check.

If you buy from TW they will pick out two that have close specs.
They will not find one to match yours, thought.

phat
08-14-2006, 07:58 PM
But still, the qc from wilson (& head) is the worst in the industry.

Roger_federer
08-14-2006, 08:02 PM
What would you say are one of the better ones? Maybe Babolat? since the are engineered in France maybe?

Also, I noticed how babolat pure drives PJ are almost PERFECT. There are NO flaws at all.

My n sixone 95 has weird paintjob. The n code graphic on 9 and 3 are not straight. And the W on the throat is also out of place and slanted

So if I brought my current one and asked to match a closest one they won't do it?

Also, what is I bought two new racquets at the same time? Will they check it then? And if so what do they check? The swingweight? strung weight? stiffness? Balance?

PrestigeClassic
08-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Call local pro shops and ask if there is a Babolat RDC machine. Note the specs of each frame and especially of your favorite frame if you have one. If you have a favorite frame, then the other frame(s) might be able to be matched to that model frame, or at least be might able to get closer.

If you don't want to bother with exact matching and if you're buying new frame(s) anyway, then tell the retailer what your preferred specs are, and the retailer might be able to cherry pick frame(s) for you. TW will do this at no additional cost. Specs include unstrung weight, balance, swingweight, flex. Forget strung specs, as the retailer will not be able to pick the closest frame(s) for you, nor will you be able to have frames as easily matched.

BreakPoint
08-14-2006, 08:46 PM
What would you say are one of the better ones? Maybe Babolat? since the are engineered in France maybe?

Also, I noticed how babolat pure drives PJ are almost PERFECT. There are NO flaws at all.

My n sixone 95 has weird paintjob. The n code graphic on 9 and 3 are not straight. And the W on the throat is also out of place and slanted

So if I brought my current one and asked to match a closest one they won't do it?

Also, what is I bought two new racquets at the same time? Will they check it then? And if so what do they check? The swingweight? strung weight? stiffness? Balance?

It has nothing to do with the engineering, it has to do with the quality control during manufacturing. BTW, are you insinuating that French engineers are better than American engineers?

Yes, if you know the exact specs of your racquet, you can call up TW and ask them to find another one that's as close to the one you already have as possible. If you buy two at the same time, you can ask them to match them for you, which means matching them as closely as possible for unstrung static weight, balance, and swingweight.

SFrazeur
08-14-2006, 08:53 PM
We will check all specs when matching racquets. We can also customize racquets to meet the specs of your current racquet - you will either have to provide specs or send your racquet to us for this service.
We will match unstrung specs.

Please give us a call for a full list of services.

Chris, TW.

Yes we offer a customization service and can match racquets, change weight and balance, build grip size etc. Please give us a call for full details or to discuss a specific service.

Chris, TW.

Davai
08-14-2006, 08:56 PM
It has nothing to do with the engineering, it has to do with the quality control during manufacturing. BTW, are you insinuating that French engineers are better than American engineers?

What's the difference, they are both made in China. It's the std. deviations, that the companies allow, from the ideal specs that matter.

BreakPoint
08-14-2006, 08:58 PM
What's the difference, they are both made in China. It's the std. deviations, that the companies allow, from the ideal specs that matter.

That's my point! It has to do with the manufacturing which takes place in a factory in China, not the fact that the design engineers' offices are in France or in Chicago.

AJK1
08-14-2006, 09:50 PM
European design is light years ahead of anything American. And Euro is so cool.

BreakPoint
08-14-2006, 10:04 PM

Huh? When was the last time a European landed on the moon? :rolleyes:

BTW, if it wasn't for American engineers, you wouldn't be able to post on this board because the Internet would not exist.

TN1
08-14-2006, 10:28 PM
Yeah if it wasn't for that great american named Al Gore, nobody would have this "internet" thing. ;)

AJK1
08-14-2006, 10:30 PM
They were smart enough not to. Concentrated on more important things.

tennis_hand
08-14-2006, 10:38 PM

I am not from Europe.

But I have something to say. When that American landed on the moon, during the live broadcast, a coke can was spotted on the TV and was removed in subsequent telecasts or delayed casts.

varuscelli
08-14-2006, 11:58 PM
I am not from Europe.

But I have something to say. When that American landed on the moon, during the live broadcast, a coke can was spotted on the TV and was removed in subsequent telecasts or delayed casts.

Just another urban myth/conspiracy theory.

I've done many years worth of work NASA on both the space shuttle and space station programs, and such a conspiracy would be impossible to pull off.

But then again, maybe I'm part of the conspiracy...bwahahahaaaa...:cool:

garbage
08-15-2006, 12:12 AM
BTW, if it wasn't for American engineers, you wouldn't be able to post on this board because the Internet would not exist.

Tim Berners-Lee, while working at CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research) is widely accepted as the inventor of the Internet.

garbage

Alexandros
08-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Ridiculous. Arguing over which continent has the better engineers.

BreakPoint
08-15-2006, 12:26 AM
Tim Berners-Lee, while working at CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research) is widely accepted as the inventor of the Internet.

garbage

He may have been involved in developing the World Wide Web, but he did not invent the Internet. The Internet was developed by the U.S. Dept. of Defense under a DARPA project known as ARPANET to keep computers and communications intact and information flowing in the event of a nuclear attack in the U.S.

onkystomper
08-15-2006, 12:37 AM
Actually NO. Tim Berners-Lee invented the internet. A fact you can check online at CNN if you must. DARPA was involved with creating the technology that allowed it to be possible. I cant really see what the argument is about. All countries are more than capable of having one from their nationality invent something cooolio

0d1n
08-15-2006, 01:01 AM

No sh*t BreakPoint, you Americans have such great engineers, professors, athletes …etc...(actually you are a SUPERIOR nation altogether :rolleyes: ) too bad 80 percent of "your" engineers, professors, computer programmers...and so on are from India, the Czech Republic, Romania and other such countries and they only come in the US for the MONEY, because due to historical reasons, country size (not everybody can afford to bomb 3rd world countries to keep the petrol price low…right?) , bad political leadership...etc they can't get paid as much as they are worth in their own countries.
You’re really buying into all that “patriotic” propaganda I see...too bad…I thought mature people who actually got to travel outside the US would know better than to come up with this type of remarks.

onkystomper
08-15-2006, 01:38 AM
ANYWAY..... in answer to the thread. I had 3 n6 one tour 90's and the difference in weight between the heaviest and lightest frame in stock form was 12 grams.

That is fairly substantial IMO

BreakPoint
08-15-2006, 02:20 AM
Actually NO. Tim Berners-Lee invented the internet. A fact you can check online at CNN if you must. DARPA was involved with creating the technology that allowed it to be possible.

Sorry, but incorrect.

http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Internet/2002/Web_vs_Internet.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinton_Cerf

BreakPoint
08-15-2006, 02:26 AM
You’re really buying into all that “patriotic” propaganda I see...too bad…I thought mature people who actually got to travel outside the US would know better than to come up with this type of remarks.

Is this remark better in your opinion?

BTW, it's precisely because I have traveled and lived all over the world that I know that the U.S. in the best country in the world in which to live. No, it's not perfect, but it sure is better than anything else out there IMHO. Besides, what other country has TW? ;) LOL

AndrewD
08-15-2006, 02:51 AM
BTW, it's precisely because I have traveled and lived all over the world that I know that the U.S. in the best country in the world in which to live. No, it's not perfect, but it sure is better than anything else out there IMHO.

"I know" and "IMHO" are two wholly different things. The only way you can have them together is if you think your opinion is all it takes for something to be fact: although that would mean you're delusional.

PrestigeClassic
08-15-2006, 03:19 AM
So, is USA the equivalent of the Pro Staff 6.0 95? Is Southern California the Max 200G?

varuscelli
08-15-2006, 05:43 AM
Ummm....

Just to vaguely stay on topic:

I've got a couple of older Wilson Hammer 6.2 racquets purchased within two or three weeks of one another back in 1994-1995. Purchased both at an Oshman's Sporting Goods store in the U.S. One is labeled as made in China, one as made in Taiwan (strange, since as I recall they came from the same place, but maybe as part of separate shipments to the store).

The racquet labeled "Taiwan" weighs 10.4 ounces, the one labeled "China" weighs 10.1 ounces (both strung, but with the same string).

The paint job on the one labeled "Taiwan" shows a lot of wear, although both have been used an almost exact amount of time. The paint wear is all over the racquet and seems like a sort of "fading" effect that the other racquet doesn't have at all. (Fading and perhaps handling marks from hand contact all over the racquets over the years -- not paint scrapes from contact with the court.) It's strange to look at the two side by side. The "China" racquet looks almost new in comparison, but just because of the rather aged look that the paint gives the "Taiwan" racquet.

Perhaps there was a protective overcoat applied to the "China" racquet that was not applied to the "Taiwan" racquet. (That’s vaguely the kind of look it has, in any case.)

varuscelli
08-15-2006, 05:51 AM
Hey, I've got an idea!

Let's go over to Rants and Raves and start a "My Country is Cooler than Your Country and It's Filled With Brighter, More Intelligent, and More Innovative Thinker's and Has Better Tennis Racquets" thread.

:p

anirut
08-15-2006, 06:05 AM
Hey guys ... come to Thailand and enjoy, man!

This place is such a mess that it can cater to your fun life ... eh ... except for the crappy law that you can only buy booze at specific times ...

STUPID POLITICIANS WE HAVE! ABSOLUTELY STUPID!

NoBadMojo
08-15-2006, 06:22 AM
To me, the internet unto itself wasnt a huge deal. I think whoever invented the hyperlink is what truly made it go, and I dont care which country the person who invented it comes from......you guys can fight about that and what Federer really uses.

BreakPoint
08-15-2006, 10:51 AM
"I know" and "IMHO" are two wholly different things. The only way you can have them together is if you think your opinion is all it takes for something to be fact: although that would mean you're delusional.

You apparently mis-read what I wrote, AndrewD. "I know" and "IMHO" are in two SEPARATE sentences. If you read the two sentences correctly, I think it's obvious that my message is: "Because I have lived all over the place, I know the best place for me to live is in the U.S., not because it's perfect, but because IMHO it's better than anything else out there."

Of course, people who have not lived in many different countries cannot compare the U.S. to these other countries so they cannot "know" which country is the best to live in, they can only speculate. Isn't it obvious that the "best" country to live in only applies to the person living it? There might be someone that prefers to live under a communist system so they think China is the best place in the world to live. But that only applies to him as that's his own personal belief. However, if China is the only country he's ever lived in then he's not in a position to "know" that China is the best place in the world in which to live because he has nothing else to compare it to.

BTW, there must be some reason why the U.S. has more immigrants and more people waiting or wanting to immigrate to the U.S. than any other country in the world, right? It can't be all that bad here can it? ;)

BTW2, I've been to Australia many times and to most of the major cities. Very nice place and I probably wouldn't mind living there. But if I had to choose just one place, I would still choose the U.S. Of course, others may choose differently depending on what's important to them and what they value and what their priorities are.

dragonxking
08-15-2006, 10:59 AM
amereeca es veddy goot

varuscelli
08-15-2006, 11:10 AM

I'll be over in a minute!

Thanks for the invitation... :)

It'll be interesting to see if I can find my brother amidst all the fun. :neutral:

He'll be hanging out on beach -- somewhere.

BreakPoint
08-15-2006, 11:13 AM

This place is such a mess that it can cater to your fun life ... eh ... except for the crappy law that you can only buy booze at specific times ...

STUPID POLITICIANS WE HAVE! ABSOLUTELY STUPID!

The week I spent in Phuket was the best week of my life. :p

I used to go to BKK on business, too. But not in a long while.

gb93433
08-15-2006, 01:01 PM

If it were not for Dr. John Vincent Atanasoff and his assistant Clifford Berry at Iowa State University during 1937-42 you would not be able to use a computer.

So Iowa has led the world in computer techology.

varuscelli
08-15-2006, 01:10 PM
If it were not for Dr. John Vincent Atanasoff and his assistant Clifford Berry at Iowa State University during 1937-42 you would not be able to use a computer.

Damn those Iowans!

I always knew they were a suspicious lot. :mad:

BreakPoint
08-15-2006, 01:37 PM

Hmmm...the last time I checked, Iowa is in America, isn't it? ;)

PrestigeClassic
08-15-2006, 01:38 PM

Actually, to give some perspective of time, a computer used to be defined as a person that computes.

varuscelli
08-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Hmmm...the last time I checked, Iowa is in America, isn't it? ;)

Yeah, but Iowans are rather cliquish, so I don't know if it counts. :p

Redflea
08-15-2006, 02:07 PM
This reminds me of a favorite Dr. Suess story...

A bear and a rabbit are arguing heatedly over who is the best. The bear says he can smell things that are miles away, sniffs with his nose and says that he can smell a rotten egg in a nest that is far away. The rabbit says he can hear things that are even father away, listens with his ears and claims he can hear something (can't remember what!) very far away.

Then a small worm w/large glasses pops up between them and says he is the best, because he can see the farthest. He stares off into the distance for a few minutes, screwing up his face in concentration w/the bear and rabbit watch, fascinated. The worm finishes and says that he has actually seen farther than the bear smelled, farther than the rabbit heard, in fact he's seen all the way around the world! And what did he see? He tells them, I've seen two big idiots (Seuss used nicer terms) wasting time arguing over who which one was better than the other! The rabbit and bear are shamed into silence, and the worm does a neat flip and returns to his burrow.

Seems like the good doctor has a a lesson that some of us need to re-learn. :D

tennisbug
08-15-2006, 02:53 PM
guys, you sounded like a bunch of school boys, can we drop this nonsense and go back to the tennis world?

lolsmash
08-15-2006, 02:55 PM
If it wasn't for China, you wouldn't have 75% of the stuff you own!

lol.