PDA

View Full Version : do any of you know

fallen.
08-14-2006, 08:37 PM
if a redondo plays like a lm prestige mp? i'm thinking about switching but i'm not sure if i should.. thanks in advance

anirut
08-14-2006, 10:28 PM
If don't have experience with the LM Prestige MP, but only have experienced the PC600.

My Redondo Mid doesn't play the same as the PC600. The Redondo swings lighter, easier to play with, gives that similar precision but less powerful. It's a 'touch racket'.

Oh, yes, I remember! I tried the LM Prestige MP once from a guy in the next court. That was months before I got my Redondo. Anyway, I tried it for a couple of shots and it doesn't have "that kind of feel" that I'd prefer and I returned it, say, in three or four heart beats ...

I'm not saying the LM Prestige MP is bad or anything. It's just not for me.

Polaris
08-19-2006, 04:09 PM
I played with a LM Prestige, borrowed from a friend, about a year ago. Comparing it with my recent Redondo experience (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=113092), I would say that they are in the same ballpark as far as power and touch is concerned, but there are differences such as the following:
1. The Redondo MP swings easier than the Prestige MP. This, if I recall correctly, made one-handed backhands and serves slightly tougher with the Prestige.
2. The sound at impact is slightly deader than the Redondo. This might be because it was too tightly strung, compared to the near-mid-tension Redondo.

That said, I think the Prestige was the first truly low powered racquet I have played with, and it was during that hour that I discovered how nice it is to be able to give the ball an almighty whack and still watch it drop inside the court. I was not very used to heavy racquets at the time, and I felt the heft of the Prestige toward the end of the hour and my shoulder was weary over the next day.

If you are happy with the Prestige MP, you might probably be better off sticking with it, perhaps experimenting with strings and tensions and weighting to change the feel a little bit. One of the differences, which you probably already know about, is that the grip shape is going to be very different on the Redondo. So if you are used to the Prestige grip, it might take a while to adapt. Then again, if you are a 5.0 and above, I'm probably way out of my league in giving you recommendations!