PDA

View Full Version : babolat warranty

kchau
08-14-2006, 09:11 PM
how easy going is babolat?

snoflewis
08-14-2006, 09:14 PM
how easy going is babolat?

according to my local shop owner, the two stingiest companies are volkl and babolat. however, i knew some guy that smashed his babolat against a wall on purpose and his coach called babolat and they sent him a new one. i think he told them the truth too...

btw, did you break a racket?

kchau
08-14-2006, 09:16 PM
mine cracked, i never abuse my racquets at all, it cracked exactly at 6 o'clock, but it was still usable, and everything, but lately it started to rattle and everything, and no matter how much stuff i remove out of it, it keeps rattling, its falling apart from the inside..

so, im just gonna have the shop i work at send it back for me..

i've really noticed though, babolat has REALLy poor quality paint jobs.

Davai
08-14-2006, 09:19 PM
mine cracked, i never abuse my racquets at all, it cracked exactly at 6 o'clock, but it was still usable, and everything, but lately it started to rattle and everything, and no matter how much stuff i remove out of it, it keeps rattling, its falling apart from the inside..

Somebody on the boards just mentioned the same thing about Wilson's paint jobs and commented on how well Bab. does their rackets - I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

snoflewis
08-14-2006, 09:24 PM

is it still under warranty?

also, babolat pj's are considered to be one of the better ones, compared to say wilson. what was wrong w/ your pj?

Noveson
08-14-2006, 09:24 PM
I'm having a problem with my flexpoint pj. I thought they were supposed to be the bad ones. My friend has a Aero Pro Drive and the paint is still in great condition. I was thinking of going the PD route. Thanks to kchau actually:)
I would like to hear more about these babolat paint jobs.

kchau
08-14-2006, 09:34 PM
its only been a month, as a matter of fact.

i dont know, ive just shanked a few shots hard enough to rub off the matte texture on my roddicks, and my other roddick is just beginning to randomly chip

Noveson
08-14-2006, 09:37 PM
That dissapoints me actually. I was really thinking about getting one of the new Pds. Still am going to demo though.

coolblue123
08-15-2006, 04:10 AM
Bab paint job on my PC+ isn't the greatest either. I put bumper tape and when I peeled it off during a restring, some of the words came off! What the heck? I paid $180 and I got a racquet w/ cheap stenciling!

Noveson
08-15-2006, 10:37 AM
I've never noticed the paint problems on the aero series or the old Pds. I wonder if its just the new Pds that this is happening to.

bhathiya9999
04-07-2010, 11:21 PM
mm that mean babolat warranty looks very bad

xtennisloverx
10-22-2010, 12:06 PM
on my babolat pure storm (non-gt), the bottom part of the grip feels unstable (about to fall off or something). is there anyway i can return it and get a new one?

jhutch
10-22-2010, 02:28 PM
on my babolat pure storm (non-gt), the bottom part of the grip feels unstable (about to fall off or something). is there anyway i can return it and get a new one?

It's probably because the butt cap is loose, no need to return it

xtennisloverx
10-25-2010, 10:12 PM
It's probably because the butt cap is loose, no need to return it

how do i tighten it?

xtennisloverx
10-28-2010, 12:05 AM
bump 10 char

ClubHoUno
10-28-2010, 01:37 AM
bump 10 char

1. You need a staple gun for racquet handles
2. Take off the overgrip and replacement grip
3. Remove the staple that fixate the buttcap to the handle
4. Take off the buttcap
5. Reposition the buttcap again now making sure it is positioned perfectly by pressing it really hard up on the grip pallet
6. Install at least 4 new staple to fixate the buttcap onto the grip pallet so it will never come loose again !

Finito !

xtennisloverx
11-07-2010, 03:03 PM
if i brought this in to a tennis shop, would they fix it (for free maybe)?

dgoran
11-09-2010, 05:21 AM
Not for free but very cheap, at least here in Orlando, like 3-5 bucks...