PDA

View Full Version : Flexpoint paint job

Noveson
08-14-2006, 09:15 PM
I bought a Flexpoint Heat almost 6 months ago and it has been a great frame for me. Yesterday I was serving and on the follow through it came out of my hands and smacked on the ground. I picked it up and noticed no cracks. Well earlier today I noticed some shallow cracks along the stability bar. It worries me that they might not just be the paint, but I don't know because the paint has been chipping on this quite easily. The cracks run all the way around where the stability bar meets the frame. Speculations about whether this is the paint or an actual crack? Anybody else had a problem with this?

Noveson
08-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Come on I know there is a bunch of Flexpoint and Heat users out there.

snoflewis
08-14-2006, 09:28 PM
I bought a Flexpoint Heat almost 6 months ago and it has been a great frame for me. Yesterday I was serving and on the follow through it came out of my hands and smacked on the ground. I picked it up and noticed no cracks. Well earlier today I noticed some shallow cracks along the stability bar. It worries me that they might not just be the paint, but I don't know because the paint has been chipping on this quite easily. The cracks run all the way around where the stability bar meets the frame. Speculations about whether this is the paint or an actual crack? Anybody else had a problem with this?

if you want a solid answer, you would have to post pics. however, if you're unable to, i'd recommend that you send it in. as for paint cracks, there is a similar issue on the 6.0 originals. the matte paint apparently starts to crack...but if would definitely send it in.

Noveson
08-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Well on the side walls of the racquet the paint is chipping. But here it almost looks as if the clear coat is cracking and in some parts I can see a black material underneath.

Noveson
08-15-2006, 10:50 AM
I will try to get pics. But I might now be able to. The above description should help.

BigServer1
08-15-2006, 03:32 PM
My flexpoint heat chipped here and there too. I noticed a black undercoat as well. This was in the head of the racquet, not on the anTi. torsion bar...i don't know if this helps or not.

Noveson
08-15-2006, 05:47 PM
It worries me just because unlike the rounded paint chips, these are cracks running around where the bar meets the frame. Somewhere where it would seem likely to break. I guess use it till it doesn't work anymore huh.

BigServer1
08-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Yeah, that's what I'd do, BTW, where in oregon are you from?

Noveson
08-15-2006, 06:06 PM
La Grande it's near pendleton, ontario, baker. I have friends that live in Beaverton though.

Amone
08-15-2006, 06:30 PM
Just a warning: Head's really slow to replace broken equipment. My father plays racquetball, used to use a Head racquet. He broke it, going for a shot, and when he sent it in, he waited three months before getting a new one. He's gone through another two racquets since, and we still haven't gotten it back.

noobplayer
08-15-2006, 06:43 PM
wat would happen if it didnt have the stabilizer bar? has any1 tried to remove the stabilizer bar from like say a POG?

BigServer1
08-15-2006, 06:45 PM
La Grande it's near pendleton, ontario, baker. I have friends that live in Beaverton though.

Yeah, sure I know LaGrande... Beaverton is actually where I live, when I'm not at school that is.

Good stuff

Noveson
08-15-2006, 07:13 PM
do you happen to know Ryan Lacey? Do you go to UP or to a HS like Jesuit there.