PDA

View Full Version : Cortex looks really dodgy!

AJK1
08-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Has anyone seen the new Babolat Cortex racquets? The piece of plastic near the top of the handle looks so cheap and nasty, is that the so-called cortex? It's really bad workmanship, others with me at the time thought it was a joke, or that you pull it off. But apparently it stays there?

kchau
08-14-2006, 10:27 PM
thats just a decal..

the acutal cortex is an insert inside the racquet

tempura_MAKI
08-14-2006, 10:28 PM
Ha I got the same impression. I guess you have to set looks aside and trust babolat... I dont know if im willing to. http://imgs.pbnation.com/smilies/dodgy.gif

AJK1
08-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Don't tell fibs, it's not a decal, it's a piece of solid plastic that goes around the shaft of the racquet.

kchau
08-14-2006, 10:47 PM
Don't tell fibs, it's not a decal, it's a piece of solid plastic that goes around the shaft of the racquet.

do you have a cortex racquet? i do, and it appears a decal to me, out of the 2 racquets that i have they spaced differently, its just a thick plastic label....

it IS a decal, the blue thing dosent do anything, the actual cortex is inside the racquet.

Tennis_Nickmo
08-15-2006, 04:04 AM
I would imagine its just decal, from what I've seen of them. Don't like the look of it at all though- wouldn't buy one.

Noveson
08-15-2006, 10:42 AM
As soon as I think I am going to get a new PD all of these threads start popping up about the paint and the cortex. Way to ruin a mans dreams.

dragonxking
08-15-2006, 10:54 AM
http://www.babolat.com/english/tennis/technology/index.php?src=tennis (click on cortex after opening the link)

if thats what youre talking about, doesn't look like a decal to me. rather its a solid plastic that goes around the shaft of the racquet

vin
08-15-2006, 11:14 AM
It is NOT a decal. :roll:

I have the Roddick PD, and while I agree that the blue piece of plastic above the handle is not needed and is used to advertise the "Cortex" system, it doesn't look "dodgy" to me.

However, I did receive a fake Roddick PD through e bay and the Cortex as well as the paint job didn't look very good.

kchau
08-15-2006, 09:20 PM
i know its not a decal, but thats what i like to call it..

its a DECORATION. hehehehe, the actual cortex is inside, sorry for confusion.

Roger_federer
08-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Actually the 2004+ pj pure drives are way better looking than the new cortex pj.