PDA

View Full Version : Pick one for me

gnatylliw
08-15-2006, 07:55 AM
Well at first I asked for a comparison but I think most people haven't had experience with both..

so this time, just give me any opinions even if its just purely conjecture, speculation, etc.

So by specs which in your opinion is better?

Prince Air Vanquish OS
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCPRINCE-PAVANQ.html

Head Liquidmetal 8 OS
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCHEAD-LM8.html

So yea even if you haven't actually hit with it, offer the one you like regardless. :)

Edit:
If i rated myself I'd say about 2.0 or 2.5.
Height 5'6"
Weight 110 (skinny)

BiGGieStuFF
08-15-2006, 07:57 AM
I haven't hit with either one but the prince sounds more up my alley. Has a bit mroe weight and not so head light with less power it appears so I don't go hitting my balls out of the park with my fast strokes plus the prince is a smaller head too. I'm done with OS's with my one handed backhand.

Jonnyf
08-15-2006, 08:04 AM
I haven't hit with either one but the prince sounds more up my alley. Has a bit mroe weight and not so head light with less power it appears so I don't go hitting my balls out of the park with my fast strokes plus the prince is a smaller head too. I'm done with OS's with my one handed backhand.

He means the OS Vanquish not the mp. and im sorry but i have to say i dont see how ANYONE can hit with those

300Gkid
08-15-2006, 08:08 AM
can we get a little more info about your game, how old are you, what dont u like about your current racquet ect, ect

BiGGieStuFF
08-15-2006, 08:09 AM
He means the OS Vanquish not the mp. and im sorry but i have to say i dont see how ANYONE can hit with those I used to hit with a OS CTS Approach. Crushing forehands but backhands into the fence :mrgreen:

But I'm sorry I can't choose for you anymore. No more OS's for me, but if i had to, it'd still be prince.

gnatylliw
08-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Sorry I should have added this:
If i rated myself I'd say about 2.0 or 2.5.
Height 5'6"
Weight 110 (skinny)
Age 18
My forehand is pretty long and fluid but my shots lack depth, my 1h backhand needs work.
I don't really have a current racket at the moment but I tried these:
N6 - hurt my arm too much, it had a lot of vibrations that i've never felt with other racquets before (I don't really want to try wilson ncode anymore)
Volkl tour 10 mid - too heavy for me
Prince Triple Threat Rip (i think thats what its called, its really an old racquet thats unavailable now, and my friend's mom let me try it; i like this racquet the most, it seemed pretty high powered)

My friend uses a high powered racquet and he seems to do very well with it, which is why I want one too.

300Gkid
08-15-2006, 09:07 AM
well, my own opinion is that when you are beggining you should choose a racquet that will make you use the right mechanics to hit the ball well. You may not do as well at the beginning as your friend with the very powerful racquet but in no time your strokes will be much better and his game will have stayed the same. That said, it sounds like you are looking for something fairly cheap. I'd suggest racquets like

.Prince Air Vanquish MP
.Head LM Radical MP
.Head LM fire
.Head LM 4 (if you feel you need a bit more power than the Radical or fire)
.Prince Triple Threat Warrior MP
.Prince SHark DB
.Dunlop M-fil 300

BiGGieStuFF
08-15-2006, 09:39 AM
When i first started I had a plastic aluminum racket handed down to me from my cousin. Then i moved up to a used wilson sting, also compliments of my cousin upgrading. When you're beginning the racket isn't TOO important. Fundamentals are. Once you have your foundation then you can start on other things. but beginner rackets these days are actually much better quality then what was offered in my days so Anything will suffice just about.

chrisdaniel
08-15-2006, 09:59 AM
I always like head racquets...so yeah