PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Portable Users: Post here

wfudeac
08-15-2006, 07:55 AM
Was reading through the Ball Machine threads and it seems people really got hosed with the Lobster model. I bought the Wilson a few months ago and couldn't be happier. Just wanted to ask those with a Wilson portable a couple things about your settings:

Lobs - We practiced these a few days ago and when you put the elevation at its highest, the wheels actually touch the plastic housing, have you noticed this? My solution was just to take the elevation down a notch so it doesn't touch, then move the machine back.

I don't have the 2-line function, just the oscillator. When you hit groundies, do you crank the speed all the way up? What amount of spin do you use, and where do you place the machine, at the service line or baseline? What about for volleys?

Is there an easy way to move the metal plate back to the center after using oscillation? If I position the machine to shoot directly ahead, it will shoot a little off to the side since the metal plate at the bottom is where the ball will really go. I wish there was some way to get it centered again after you turn the oscillation off....Any ideas?

I wish the handle extended a bit more but I would much rather take that small inconvenience rather than have wheels that fell off!

Bolivian10s
08-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Lobs - We practiced these a few days ago and when you put the elevation at its highest, the wheels actually touch the plastic housing, have you noticed this? My solution was just to take the elevation down a notch so it doesn't touch, then move the machine back. Put two tennis balls or a 2x4 underneath the front corners of your ball machine to enchance the height of your lobs

I don't have the 2-line function, just the oscillator. When you hit groundies, do you crank the speed all the way up? I use speed 8 w/ med top spin.
What amount of spin do you use, and where do you place the machine, at the service line or baseline? BASELINE ALWAYS What about for volleys?BASELINE

Is there an easy way to move the metal plate back to the center after using oscillation? If I position the machine to shoot directly ahead, it will shoot a little off to the side since the metal plate at the bottom is where the ball will really go. I wish there was some way to get it centered again after you turn the oscillation off....Any ideas?

Just nudge the machine a little bit if its shooting off center, no big deal. Before you use your ball machine just make a quickie visual check and make sure your osc plate is even with the four corners of the machine, if its off center just turn the machine on and turn on your osc switch to realign your osc plate.

wfudeac
08-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Never thought about putting tennis balls underneath the machine, thanks!

As far as the oscillator, I figured that's what I should do. I wish there was some way to tell the alignment without picking the machine up and looking underneath