PDA

View Full Version : Pure drive users.

Ultra2HolyGrail
08-15-2006, 12:13 PM
Just curious how long some of you pure drive users have played with the racquet and if you have had any arm problems. thx

str33t
08-15-2006, 12:14 PM
I played with a pure drive plus for a while. It has a lot of power and tons of spin potential. The thing is, it felt really great at first, but then the stiffness got to me. I switched back to my LM radical and my arm was feeling much better.

w00gy
08-15-2006, 12:16 PM
played with it for 10 weeks. Got arm problems at mid tension. Strung it a bit lower > became a cannon. Strung it a bit above mid > arm problems.

No placement. No feel. No control. But i remember being able to counterpunch a little.

That's all

Noveson
08-15-2006, 04:52 PM
I disagree with the no control/feel/placement thing. The spin gives it great control and with that placement also. I think it has better feel than all the 03's at least.

Ultra2HolyGrail
08-15-2006, 05:06 PM
I disagree with the no control/feel/placement thing. The spin gives it great control and with that placement also. I think it has better feel than all the 03's at least.

Well it is made out of Graphite/Kevlar. Im wondering if a eastern forehand without major spin is doable with this racquet. I only hit around with one a little bit and really enjoyed serving with it but forehands were sailing long.

Jon Terminator
08-15-2006, 05:07 PM
I've played with it for 2 years with no problems

Ultra2HolyGrail
08-15-2006, 05:13 PM
I've played with it for 2 years with no problems

How old and what level when you played with pure drive?

Ultra2HolyGrail
08-15-2006, 05:35 PM
I played with a pure drive plus for a while. It has a lot of power and tons of spin potential. The thing is, it felt really great at first, but then the stiffness got to me. I switched back to my LM radical and my arm was feeling much better.

The radical is nice i can imagine you get much more control over the pd. Slightly smaller head and thinner beam. Probably better for volleying and overheads too. I really like the serve with pd though.

juani
08-15-2006, 05:40 PM
4 months. soreness. my fault cos the light weight and power allow me to be lazy and make badly executed shots (50% off center).

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
08-15-2006, 07:30 PM
if you use the roddick one and don't get lazy, will you not get arm pain as the roddick is heavier and you won't feel shock from mishits?

Nickswh
08-16-2006, 07:49 PM
Pure Drive sucks. Sorry

DANMAN
08-16-2006, 08:20 PM
6 years...4.5-5.0 level...no arm problems whatsoever

InvisibleSoul
08-16-2006, 11:19 PM
Two years, 3.5 level, no problems.

j3d0
08-17-2006, 07:15 AM
played mine for 2 months now with PSGD 16 @ 56lbs. no problems.

I also workout 3 x a week and maybe that helped me too!

bluegrasser
08-17-2006, 07:19 AM
Well it is made out of Graphite/Kevlar. Im wondering if a eastern forehand without major spin is doable with this racquet. I only hit around with one a little bit and really enjoyed serving with it but forehands were sailing long.
If you string it at 70 lbs..

skuludo
08-20-2006, 03:39 PM
I strung my pd team plus at 50lbs with luxilon 5 star strings. To my suprise balls stopped flying on me. I think I have tamed the beast.
The racket has performed better for me in terms of control campared to stringing pro hurricane at 65lbs.

Owned the racket for a year but I only used it for about 2 months and then I stopped using it. After my game improved I had my pd restrung and have been using it for 2 weeks.

My tricep is currently sore possibly from constant serving or I am just feeling the effects of sleeping on top of my arm causing poor blood circulation.

Rickson
08-20-2006, 08:23 PM
Just curious how long some of you pure drive users have played with the racquet and if you have had any arm problems. thx
1 year and I alternate between the Bab PD plus and the Head LM Prestige. I use the Babolat when I want to overpower my opponents, especially with the serve, but I switch back to the LM when my shoulder's killing me and when I play more of a finesse game. Yes, the PD plus gives me some shoulder problems, but having a relatively big serve also contributes.

BounceHitBounceHit
08-21-2006, 12:50 PM
I hit with the Pure Drive Plus for about a month two years ago or so. I LOVED it on the serve! Everything else................well let's just say I don't play it anymore. I did experience some minor shoulder pain with it, but nothing too bad. Felt better w/ gut strings.

44yo male, 5.0 level, 'aggressive all courter'.

irishcommodore15
08-21-2006, 01:01 PM
I've been using the Pure Drive Cortex for a couple of weeks and no arm problems yet.

Ruud
08-21-2006, 01:12 PM
i did have some pain in the wrist i use it for 3 months, but it was not the racket but the movement of my wrist on impact. Now it is over and i do not feel a thing.

PS. I use the pure drive roddick with cortex