PDA

View Full Version : Stinging in hands

gb93433
08-15-2006, 12:57 PM
My daughter is using a Prince O3 Hybrid Hornet Racquet strung with Wilson Stamina 16 Strings at 58 lbs tension. When the ball comes at her hard she often experiences a stinging in her hand after the ball is hit. I have hit with it some and noticed the same thing. It feels like the racquet is vibrating some. What can be done to alleviate this problem?

hummer23
08-15-2006, 01:00 PM
a vibration dampener is a good place to start. The 03 racquets coem with a special vibration dampenign system that is meant to prevent that sort of problem. if you don't have that, just a rubber band tied bellow the bottom cross tring, between the two center mains, will significantly reduce the vibration you feel, and the ping sound that often accompanies it. if that doesnt do the trick, check the racqeut thoroughyl, maek sure that it isnt cracked, becasue that can cause serious problems.

AngeloDS
08-15-2006, 01:04 PM
Grip is probably too small or big and it might be that she's holding it up too high or too low.

Though, a good fix is to soften it up. Some people do this: get a really small grip and build it up with duct tape to make it soft. That's what my varsity coach did in HS.