PDA

View Full Version : POG Longbody and One-Handed Backhand

Xevoius
08-15-2006, 01:31 PM
Greetings,

Has anyone tried this combination out?

I have a one-handed backhand and I would like to ramp up my first serve a bit with a longer racquet. I am really familiar with the POG feel of both the Midplus and the Oversized models. Does anyone have any positive experience hitting a one-handed backhand with the longbody?

I demoed the Babolat Aeropro Control + and was able to hit great one-handers but I want something I can customize out a little more that has less of a static weight.

Any feedback would be apprecieated.

~Cheers

LowProfile
08-15-2006, 02:14 PM
You'd have to be very careful using a one-hander with an extended length racquet, especially one that is a full one inch longer. You'd need to have very good technique and timing to avoid arm problems.

monologuist
08-15-2006, 06:34 PM
I've tried hitting 1hhbh's w/ a POG LB. It ain't easy. I would not recommend it. There are better racquets to improve serving with. The strength of the POG LB lies in its ability to rip heavy topspin groundstrokes, preferably for a 2hhbh player....the additional 1" makes it feel really awkward and cumbersome for a 1-hander.

Z-Man
08-15-2006, 07:10 PM
The POG LB's length does add some leverage to serves, but the racquet is also very flexible and very headlight--reducing the power. I think the POG OS serves just as well. The PS 6.1 is also a sweet serving racquet, and it would be much better for a 1-handed backhand, especially for slice.

Ripper
08-16-2006, 06:34 AM
I'm a 1 hand backhander and have several Longbody Michael Chang Graphites that I like to use, from time to time. People think I'm crazy, when they see me with these at the courts, specially since they're all oversize, too. I can hit my 1hbh topspin shots just fine. There are lots of myths in tennis; you can either believe in all of them or try things for yourself and reach your own conclusions.

Xevoius
08-17-2006, 03:14 PM
My topspin forehand and serve are my biggest weapons and I think an extended frame like this might accent them.

I use a heavily weighted racquet at the moment but am looking to dable into the extended length racquet category.

I plan on weighting up the POG Longbody a bit but I just wanted to hear from a least one person that they were able to rip their one-hander with this frame.

I agree with you on the Myth idea Ripper.

Xevoius
08-18-2006, 08:44 AM
Anyone know Ferrero's POG Longbody specs?