PDA

View Full Version : Switching Between PD and PD+

InvisibleSoul
08-15-2006, 04:19 PM
I currently use a standard PD, but am thinking about getting a PD+. Would it be difficult adjusting to each one if I switched back and forth, or does the extra little bit of length really not make any real difference? I'm only about a 3.5 player...

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
08-15-2006, 07:31 PM
depends, two handed backhand that plays from the baseline switching to the extra length will help you get added power on your groundstorkes and serves. If you are an all-court/ serve and volley player with a 1 handed backhand stick with the standard. The extra length makes it tough to execute backhands and it's less manuverable at net.

Dopke
08-15-2006, 10:52 PM
I've played with both, the PD+ more extensively. They are different, but the adjustment isn't as much as switching to a compeltely different racquet.

Why do you want to switch? Personally I felt the PD was just a better racquet with the added .5 length.

InvisibleSoul
08-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Hmm, okay... thanks for the insight.

I actually use a one-handed backhand, and it's already erratic enough as is... so perhaps it may be better for me to not get a PD+.

monologuist
08-16-2006, 01:20 PM
if your priority is to improve the consistency of your 1hhbh, stick with the standard..I think it's actually a great racquet for 1hhbh's...the plus requires excellent footwork to pull off a consistent 1hhbh. You could also cut .25" off the plus version as a compromise....I've tried this before.

If you're priority is to amp up your serve, then the plus is probably better...the plus is quite a bit more powerful though...I would string it at least 4 lbs. tighter than the standard given the same string.