PDA

View Full Version : Lead Weight Tape and An AeroPro Drive +.....What next?

Pisolino227
08-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Hey Guys,
Just got an aeropro drive + and I'm liking it, though I feel it's a little flimsy up top. I purchased some lead tape today but I'm not really quite sure as to where and how much is best. Any suggestions? Have any of you guys done any lead weight customizing with your APD'S OR APD+'s. Please leave your comments and suggestions here, much appreciated as always guys!

Kind Regards,
Dmitri

Pisolino227
08-16-2006, 07:25 AM
Not even one suggestion?

Amone
08-16-2006, 07:27 AM
What are you trying to do with your racquet, using this lead tape? More power, more spin, more stability... ?

BabolatFan
08-16-2006, 07:33 AM
Yeah what's your main purpose? What do you mean by flimsy? It's not stable enough for you at impact or you just don't like the lightness at the top?

Pisolino227
08-20-2006, 09:00 PM
I would like more spin and more stability. I don't know, to me it feels a little flimsy up top. But I'm sorry I didn't mention my goals, I'd like more spin and more stability.

milo
08-20-2006, 09:08 PM
if you like to add more stability to your racket than add lead in 3 and 9 position.

rooski
09-01-2006, 01:01 PM
It sounds to me like you are not used to the sweetspot location of the APD. If you've been using a head heavy racket and are used to hitting high in the stringbed you will struggle for a while with the APD until you find it's dead center sweetspot. High hits don't feel too good but don't confuse that feeling you are getting. It's not flimsy, it's stiff, and that stiffness reverberates back to your arm when you hit it way off center, toward the tip.

ACCSF
09-01-2006, 04:18 PM
I have an APD+ and I put 12 grams of lead at the 3 and 9, 6 on each side, and 12 more at the bottom of the handle to balance it out. I behaves similar to its original weight but is on the whole more stable and a little bit more powerful. I haven't experimented with any other configurations yet.