PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Pro overgrip vs. Babolat VS original overgrip

Roger_federer
08-15-2006, 09:36 PM
I use the pro overgrip and was wondering if the VS original is similar. The pro is very nice sticking to my hands with sweat. It feels smooth and tacky at the same time. How is the VS original?

arifed
08-15-2006, 10:44 PM
In my opinion pro overgrip by Wilson is far better than Babo Vs overgrip.
As far as sensations are concerned, I feel the same you do with Wilson's overgrip.
On the other hand, when using Babo Vs overgrip I have a good feedback once the grip is brand new, but it peels off very soon and looses its tackyness and smoothness (that are anyway slightly lower than Wilson's even when both are new).
Generally speaking, Babo lasts much shorter than Wilson.

For me there's no comparison on quality/durability department.

Hope this helps.

Mr.Federer
08-16-2006, 03:35 AM
The babolat vs grip is *****.

Roger_federer
08-16-2006, 07:06 PM
How long can you use one wilson pro overgrip for? I just wrapped mine 3 days ago and I need to wrap a new one after 3-4 hours of playing each day.

arifed
08-16-2006, 10:28 PM
How long can you use one wilson pro overgrip for? I just wrapped mine 3 days ago and I need to wrap a new one after 3-4 hours of playing each day.

Bloody hell.
Are you a pro?
Did I get you? You play 3-4 hrs a day? Every day?

Well, if so you've been using it for 12 hrs since you wrapped it.

More or less it's the same for me, far more than Babo vs.

BTW, Mr federer's opinion was much shorter than mine but more effective.

take care

tennisfan
08-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Wilson pro is the best I've tried. I found they are best if you wash your hands well before you play to prevent any oil or dirt from your hands getting on the overgrip, and switch your racquets if you play on consecutive days. The overgrip may seem dry but the actual grip will retain moisture and can cause your overgrip to wear prematurely.

boojay
08-21-2006, 02:11 PM
i've never used the babolat, but the wilson maybe lasts me 2 days if I'm hitting pretty hard, but I usually go through at least 2 per week even with light hitting.

AJK1
08-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Yeah, the Wilson Pro is the best.

squints
08-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Yeah, the Wilson Pro is the best.

word.

nn
08-21-2006, 06:27 PM
same with me..mine gets dirty and sleeper y in 2-3 hours of use because of high level of sweat.. (you can put me into highest level of sweaters)

Babolat VS overgrip is thin and nice as well and might last little less compare to wilson pro. One thing I have observed was orange color Babolat VS overgrip is pretty good compare to white wilson pro or VS overgrip..just a personal liking but definitely feel it..

Faber
08-23-2006, 07:53 PM
I don't like fresh new Wilson Pro Overgrip as it is too tacky and creates blisters. It is great when it is used up and dirty. Strange, but yeah I don't sweat much in the hands so it works well.

BigServer1
08-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Wilson pro is superior.

austro
08-24-2006, 06:19 AM
The tackiness and surface sensation of the two grips is similar. But the Wilson one has more cushioning while the Babolat prides itself of being the thinnest one around (0.4 mm). So the feel when playing is quite different. I have used both in the mistaken belief that they were similar. I much prefer the Wilson, just wish they had it in black. Although reportedly that would affect its tackiness...

Nblade
08-27-2006, 06:46 AM
got to be the wilson pro overgrip.
babolat vs grip wears out withina set. not very good at all.

thursdayisgod
08-27-2006, 03:25 PM
I have been using Bab VS overgrip, it's been wearing out much too fast but the grip size is very important to me, I'd like to keep my grips as close to 3/8s as possible, is the Wilson noticeably larger than the VS?

squints
08-29-2006, 12:20 PM
not by much. but i use a 4 1/2 grip take off the original grip and just use the pro overgrip which makes it feel alot closer to 3/8's. also the bevels are more defined, better feel. just make sure you use a dampener.

onkystomper
08-29-2006, 01:56 PM
wilson pro all the way