PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop tennis balls

gb93433
08-16-2006, 06:56 AM
How long will Dunlop tennis balls last in the can unopened? The reason I ask is that I am thinking of buying a case, but during the winter where I live it is impossible to play tennis because of snow and it being so cold. Snow usually is on the ground for sure by November and disappears by about the middle of March.

Ronaldo
08-16-2006, 08:06 AM
Don't do it, have a case of Prince balls from last fall and every can seems a little flat.

Kevo
08-16-2006, 08:39 AM
I think that Dunlop balls are higher quality than prince. We played with Prince pro tour balls this past weekend at a tournament, and some of those seemed a little flat even though they weren't squishy feeling. I would not buy them personally.

Ronaldo
08-16-2006, 08:44 AM
Did not have this problem with Dunlop Grand Prix balls that were stored over the winter. But why tempt fate?

Kaptain Karl
08-16-2006, 09:10 AM
gb - They'll be fine. They'll last a long time ... so long as you're not storing the case in your car (where the temperature swings are damaging to the preservation).

- KK

BreakPoint
08-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Don't do it, have a case of Prince balls from last fall and every can seems a little flat.

Prince balls feel a bit flat even when they're newly bought and fresh. I think that's just the way they're made to slow down the game and to make them easier on the arm.

I've even noticed that some plain old Penn Championships balls are like this, too, these days.

Ronaldo
08-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Prince balls feel a bit flat even when they're newly bought and fresh. I think that's just the way they're made to slow down the game and to make them easier on the arm.

I've even noticed that some plain old Penn Championships balls are like this, too, these days.

BP, that flatness keeps those Prince balls in the can, about to be sold on that auction site. Compared the Prince balls bounce to day-old Pro Penns and were always a bit short. Had the same problem with Wilson Double Core balls. Rather just use the Dunlop Grand Prix or Penn ATP balls and save them in a Pro-Bounce pressurizer. http://web.archive.org/web/20030218003742/www.pro-bounce.com/