PDA

View Full Version : Just hit with the Magnetic Tour 100 295 Gram..

onkystomper
08-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Very nice feeling racket has that classic fischer feel. It creates similar spin to the m speed 98 and has that same cushioned feel. Huge sweetspot and very easy on the arm.

Serve had good pace and huge spin / movement on. Will hit with it a bit more later on and post a review if anyone is interested.

aRod36
08-16-2006, 08:26 AM
a review would be nice. sounds like a pretty good racket. would you happen to know when its going to be released in the US.

Thanks

SC in MA
08-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Yes, bring it on... thanks.

onkystomper
08-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Ok just got back from the courts. So here goes will add more after a few more plays! Afraid i dont know about US release date but i heard rumours of US open time.

My game is all court i hit with a semi western forehand and a 1hbh. Serve is big!

This racket has plent of pace on serve, it will not rival tour pure drive or even RDX 300 but you get out what you put in. If you have hit with the magnetic speed 98 It is similar.

The racket is balanced pretty evenly but swings a lot lighter than you would think, the moment i picked it up it just felt right. The butt cap is slightly different to most fischers in the fact it is not flat at the end.

If you have hit with a Fischer in the last 4 years it has the same feel. Really smooth and buttery. Groundstrokes were much the same as serve in the fact you got the power you put in. You need to swing properly with this racket to get best results but when you do you get exceleent control and feel.

Spin potentila was immense. In fact i found the ball jumping higher of the court at my opponents end than i did when hitting with my pure storm. When flattened out the groundstrokes were deep without flying but were not as pacey as say an rds 001 or rdx 003 or prince 03 tour, but hey its a fischer after all.

If you have arm problems i highly reccomend this. It was so arm friendly it was like having cotton wool round my elbow. Throat was stiffer than the M Speed 98 but still flexy and you could really whip it through.

Volleys were awesome. Touch volleys just seemed to sit on the strings until you placed it exaclty where you wanted it to go.

Bottom line is if you have a full swing this is well worth a demo, huge sweetspot forgiving and accurate, has slightly more pop than the m speed 98.

s1jor
08-16-2006, 02:48 PM
what sort of tension were the strings in the demo you got??

Justus_Jonas
08-16-2006, 03:02 PM
@onkystomper

thx für first impressions.

Does the Tour 100 feel heavier or lighter than Pure STorm im Case of wight (Feeling) and sweingweight?
more or less power than pure storm?

Tschö
Thomas

onkystomper
08-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Tension Range saids 45 - 65 lbs. It was a brand new racket so i assume Fischer string them mid range. It had Fischer Pro no.1 string at 16 Gauge in.

When you pick the racket up it feels lighter than the Pure Storm, but far more solidly made, not such a hollow club if you get what i mean? Build quality is A1 as with all Fischers.

It does not have the same power as my Pure storm. I do however have that strung with Big Banger Original @ 50/52 lbs so not reaaly a fair comparison. But my opinion would be even at a lower tension it would not have the same power as the Pure Storm.

It is not underpowered though. I had an M speed 98 strung it with gut at 52 lbs and found that to be too underpowred. This has more pop!!

onkystomper
08-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Swingweight seemed slightly lower, i expect this is due to it being easier through the air (for whatever reason)

crism54
08-18-2006, 02:36 AM
I have had both the pure storm than the rdx300, can tell meplease the stiffness with respect to these, the value numerical one does not find yet. it's soft as old tour pro or more rigid? how is it the handle and the but cap?
wich is the replacement grip ?
it's box beam or like magnetic number on type?
thanks

onkystomper
08-18-2006, 02:48 AM
It feels more flexible than both the rdx 300 and pure storm. I do not think it is as soft as the tour pro, it is slightly stiffer!

The grip itself is a Fischer grip but on the end of it (where you hold it) it has bee raised slightly so your hand does not slip off. I think it is an improvement over there recent grips.

It is box beam looks about 21mm

crism54
08-18-2006, 02:58 AM
pure storm is real box beam, 21mm and for me medium flex(tw said 64 rdc) and now is my racket(lead up 340g).
rdx is more stiff, 67/68 rdc.
confirm me that for you it is softer, to which racket could compare it for rigidity (prestige and magnetic n.1 type)?
stability?
the butt cap is removible or fixed?hi

onkystomper
08-18-2006, 03:13 AM
It is not as stiff as the Pure storm, but is stiffer than the m speed 98. I would say as a guess the rating would be 61-62. THe Yonex is a lot stiffer.

Stability is fine and it has the M Speed 98 feel on volleys just with a bit more pop.

Butt cap is removable, just has a few staples!

crism54
08-25-2006, 01:31 AM
i hoped was more stiff, for me the storm is medium flex.
why do not exist a racket with 22mm constant beam, 100inch,about 300gr and 65/67 flex,16*20(19)?
why it does not exist? who knows to help me? :(

Marcus or
08-25-2006, 01:35 AM
well i mean....
hahhhhh suck craep u thort some one was actually gonna listen to you...ahh gad dam the people of today....so peopleish

DANMAN
08-25-2006, 12:02 PM
why do not exist a racket with 22mm constant beam, 100inch,about 300gr and 65/67 flex,16*20(19)?

Sounds sort of close to the Dunlop Mfil 200 2006 without checking specs.

crism54
09-02-2006, 01:49 AM
a Canadian site takes back 67 as rigidities for the new fischer, (69 rdx300 and 66 storm), seem as high as date, but I trust some comments of yours to me. it is possible that how for the other fischer the heaviest version is softer of that lighter?

returner
09-02-2006, 08:19 AM
how's this racquet compared to the pro tour?

onkystomper
09-04-2006, 01:58 AM
a Canadian site takes back 67 as rigidities for the new fischer, (69 rdx300 and 66 storm), seem as high as date, but I trust some comments of yours to me. it is possible that how for the other fischer the heaviest version is softer of that lighter?

Well i do not have a machine and can only go on the feel. But the Fisscher seems far more flexible than the storm. i would guess between 60-63

crism54
09-07-2006, 05:17 AM
fischer italia tell me that the stiffness is 60 and it's avaible in october.

has no other tried it?

onkystomper
09-07-2006, 06:56 AM
60 sounds about right. it is a nice racket but just like the m speed 98 just too flexible for me. nice feel but lacks just that bit off pop

smittybuckeye
09-07-2006, 07:18 AM
I just back back from three sets of doubles with the Magnetic Tour 100.

I have been with Fischer for sometime using the Vacuum 90, Pro 1, Pro Extreme Tour, & Mpro98 SL.

I can tell you that the Magnetic Tour does keep true to the buttery feel that all of us Fischer fans love, but it has tons of pop and the spin potential is tremendous. I think it's a tad stiffer than my MPro but still not boardy..

It was very easy to swing and felt great on returns, serves, volleys. I did have to hit the ball with a good bit more spin to keep the returns from flying as opposed to my MPro(tighter string job could remedy this I'm sure). I had both strung at 54 with Gamma Livewire so I could take the string and tension out of the mix.

With a nice full stroke this racquet has immense power and precision. I believe I'd have a liked it a good bit more with a little tighter string, but I know how Fischers start to feel on the upper end of scale. I didn't want to take the feel away. It took me a few swings to get used the "normal" buttcap on this frame. It's flat on the end and good bit different from the standard Fischer rounded end. I guess they've gone to this to try to make the transition easier for other brand users coming on board.

Long story short, if you love Fischers or really any player width frame, you should try this one out. If you like the mpro but need a little extra pop, this could be the one you were waiting for. I recommend a demo to all on this one. Great priced frame and definitely a good playing racquet.

I think this frames will be great sellers and hold form to Fischers great worksmanship.

Justus_Jonas
09-07-2006, 07:36 AM
@smittybuckeye

did you hit with the 295gr or 320gr version?

smittybuckeye
09-07-2006, 07:58 AM
The only one available that I'm aware of is the 295g. That's the only one I was sent.. Not sure the 295g is available in the U.S.

crism54
09-13-2006, 02:15 PM
considering the stiffness,weight, beam, but above all to what racket would you compare her for feeling?
1- head radical tour but lighter
2-babolat pure control MP
3-tecnifibre 305(with 2inch plus)
4-prince o3 tour( lighter and constant beam)
????

onkystomper
09-13-2006, 05:22 PM
i have hit with all those rackets except the technifibre.

in all honesty the fischer does not have the same feel as any of them. i find fischers have a unique feel which is soft but crisp.

much smoother and softer than the rad tour
far more feedback than the o3 tour

miles away from the bab, this is a control frame after all

mackadilly
09-18-2006, 09:24 PM
I just played four sets with this frame (295g) and I have to agree with above poster's description of this frame. The only thing that I would add is that the serve is deadly if you create head speed within the strike zone. I may add a leather grip, but otherwise it has a perfect balance of power and control for me. I like it better than the my Pure Storm Team 98 and Vantage 100.

dxdgenert
09-18-2006, 10:25 PM
Your wish is my command... Here are the highlights (nearly identical specs to what you asked for):
Babalot Pure Control
Dunlop MFil 200
Dunlop Maxply McEnroe
Prince Tour Diablo Midplus
Prince TT Warrior Midplus
Technifibre TFeel 305
Technifibre TFight 315
Volkl Tour 9 V-Engine

If you can't find a racquet you like out of that bunch, you should be looking at different specs.

PackardDell
09-14-2007, 12:10 PM
I wish they release a no-tolerance version of it.

SlapShot
09-14-2007, 01:14 PM
I wish they release a no-tolerance version of it.

Fischer's QC has impressed me so much that I wouldn't worry too much about No-Tolerance versions. If it feels identical (the No-Tolerance vs. the Magnetic) then it's simply a matching service.