PDA

View Full Version : TW Buyer --- adidas and nike apparel sizing

K.O.S.
03-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Anyone know anything about how they compare to eachother. Has adidas gotten their sizes right or are they still huge?

wally
03-06-2004, 08:20 AM
Just bought a couple of shirts. One polo style one t-shirt style both are mediums. the larges were just huge

I'm 5'6'' but usually wear 17-171/2 shirt.

TW Staff
03-09-2004, 03:40 PM
K.O.S.
Adidas typically run about a size larger than Nike. So if you're a large in Nike shirts, you should go with a medium in Adidas.

Hope that helps.
Thanks,
Chris, TW.

TheHawk
08-02-2005, 03:20 AM
What sizes are shown in these two photos?

http://www.tenniswarehouse.com/viewlarge.html?pcode=NMSSC&large=RD
and
http://www.tenniswarehouse.com/viewlarge.html?pcode=AMC2C&large=NV

As they are fairly the same it would surely help to understand exactly how these two brands compare.

Thank you.

Tchocky
08-02-2005, 08:00 AM
It's always best to try something on before you buy. I think Addidas runs about one size small. All my Addidas shirts are XL. My Nike shirts are L but you should try it on before you buy.

Matthew
08-02-2005, 09:57 PM
I've actually found Adidas to run a little large.

TheHawk
08-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Yes, I read earlier threads, that's why it would be nice to understand what sizes are the shirts in the photos.

samster
08-03-2005, 03:13 PM
I just bought couple Adidas Summer Response Court Crew shirts and compare to the Nike Dri-Fit shirts (Large vs. Large), the Adidas shirts do indeed run a little larger with a looser fit. In my opinion, I would not say they are a full size larger, probably half size larger. They are not so dispropionately large that I would go out of my way to return and exchange for Mediums.

I guess it depends on whether you like a tighter fit or not. I kind of like a little looser fit with my T-shirts (no tight six-pack to show for it... :D ) so this is fine for me. Hope this helps.

samster
08-03-2005, 03:15 PM
Sorry forgot to mention in the previous post, the Nike and Adidas shorts are the same size in my opinion (Again, Large vs. Large).

tennisnj
08-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Adidas shirts always run one size too big. I wear a S or M in every other brand, but for some reason, I have to wear a Boys XL usually in Adidas. I'm 29 years old, 5ft6 & definately not 'small' on top either.