PDA

View Full Version : NIKE MAXSIGHT - any info?

djarc
08-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Do they work well for tennis? I saw ONE other post on it and basically they're saying the line and the ball blend together therefore making it harder to see. Is this true? Anyone else take Nike up on their trial offer?

Nike Maxsight link (http://www.bausch.com/en_US/consumer/visioncare/product/softcontacts/nikemaxsight.aspx)

kchau
08-16-2006, 10:21 PM
cant use it, not for astigmatism, good find though.

green lenses enhance colors, making the ball look much more visible.

so i assume grey green would be the way to go.

djarc
08-17-2006, 01:08 AM
Aww.. really? Looks like I can't use it either! =*( Can't even give them a try. Oh well.

rasajadad
08-17-2006, 02:03 AM
I use them. The best comparison I can offer is that they're like having Bolle Competivision, but contacts. I use then outdoors only in full daylight as they're took dark indoors (unless your club has phenominal lights.)

As far as performance, they're terrific if you like the sunglass effect. Some people don't, I do! I also like the eye protection they offer. As far as playability and vision, I find them better than wearing shades with regular contacts on.

The orange ones are the color for tennis or "moving ball" sports. Then green/gray ones are for golf/driving.

Do not drive with these at night. (Same as any sunglasses.) Take them out before you go home.

As I only wear them 2-3 times a week, I easily get two months out of a set.

PS- Having orange eyes does have a freak out factor for your opponents. Kind of a Darth Maul look!

FYI, here's my lense choice:
Indoors- Regular glasses
Outdoors day- Nike Maxsight
Outdoors Late afternoon/early evening- Regular contacts w/Bolle Competivision. I take the shades off when the light or shadows come out.