PDA

View Full Version : Prince Tour Diablo Midplus too demanding..

Rei
08-17-2006, 07:52 AM
Hi all ,
I 've been playing tennis for nearly a year already and currently using Prince Tour Diablo , strung with Babolat Hurricane blue @ 57lbs.

When i first bought this raquet , i know nothing about demoing raquet , specs and stuff . I asked my senior who played tennis for a while and told me that although I will find this Diablo pretty demanding for the beginner but i will get used to it soon enough.

Last year , as i said I felt It's extremely heavy and too long , uncomfortable and i couldnt hit it for more than 3 hours , otherwise i couldnt move my arm for a day or two.

FYI , 1. I never have any proper tennis course , I learn from watching people hit , read Forum , videotaped and brakedown my stroke. Hit with some decents player.

2.Am 19 years old and looking for quite competitive tennis for improving my health , concentration. But I wont be going for any tour.

3. Am 165cm height , and weight @ 55Kgs.

Now , i got used to this racquet , when i try swapping my friend's stick that's not too demanding like nPro surge / Prince TT etc.. I found it very easy to hit and i could hit a lot more consistent , precise + more power. I felt i could hit better with these sticks.

1.My question is that should I keep this Diablo or try finding a new one which suite me better ? Am hitting really well with the diablo ATM becoz am doing more excerise , going to fitness , weight training and stuff. Still this one is too long and too heavy for me. I guess these problems i found also due to my incorrect technique , body movement too.
One of the coach at the college rate my 4hand@ 3.0 , bh@ 2.5-3.0 I dont care about those number though.

2.The real problem is that here in Thailand i could not demo any racquets because no shop would let me do so.

3.I had hit with Babolat APD and felt extremely good , i could hit very accurate, deep and my service seems to be more consistent ,too. Does this APD too demanding for someone like me?

Sorry for this really long post but i really wish i could have constructive advice here.

Thanks in advance :)

will1087
08-17-2006, 09:00 AM
The APD is definitely a bit easier to swing... but a 11.7oz racquet isn't heavy at all - especially enough to wear you out.

From personal experience, the Diablo MP is definitely one of the more forgiving racquets. I would really implore you to check your technique before getting a new racquet.

Rei
08-17-2006, 09:29 AM
thx for that Will, I may need to try more sticks . BTW APD is 20g lighter than the Diablo isn it? May be i have to try the APD for like a week.

AndrewD
08-17-2006, 05:10 PM
The Diablo MP might weigh 11.7oz but it has a very low 316 swingweight which makes it easier to handle than other racquets in that weight range. However, it is a low powered racquet that isn't really intended for someone who has only been playing for a year. That's not to say you can't use it very well, just that it does ask for more input from you (ie: you need to deliver the power) than something like the AeroPro.

Basically, the best guide is to choose the heaviest racquet you can swing for as long as your hitting session lasts and while you're playing against someone as good or better than yourself.

nViATi
08-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Take out the poly! String it up with synthetic gut.

ch4ng
08-17-2006, 05:27 PM
Take out the poly! String it up with synthetic gut.

this is something you should try before going out and buying a new racquet. unless you've done this before and found yourself breaking strings quicking. if you dont want to go away from the hurricane string that you're using then hybrid it to make it feel less harsh. you could also try lowering the tension..

TheSnowMan
08-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Save your money and get a coach.

Rei
08-17-2006, 08:08 PM
The Diablo MP might weigh 11.7oz but it has a very low 316 swingweight which makes it easier to handle than other racquets in that weight range. However, it is a low powered racquet that isn't really intended for someone who has only been playing for a year. That's not to say you can't use it very well, just that it does ask for more input from you (ie: you need to deliver the power) than something like the AeroPro.

Basically, the best guide is to choose the heaviest racquet you can swing for as long as your hitting session lasts and while you're playing against someone as good or better than yourself.

Ok, I think I can bare with its weight at the moment , still should I made mistakes , bad stroke, bad rotation etc.. my arms would get hurt real quick.
(That's more to do with technique I guess )

@nViAti/Ch4ng - I will try that next week. Thanks for your advice :)
@TheSnowman - that's quite impossible for me due to some certain circumstances. but I want to get a coach nevertheles..

snoflewis
08-17-2006, 09:37 PM
my friend started out w/ a diablo midplus and made tennis team after 2 months of playing (btw...this team lost in city finals and win individual singles and doubles). diablo MPs are one of the easier player's rackets to swing and you shouldnt notice the 1/4 inch difference...it's only like [ ] that much longer. if it's too demanding, you better start looking for frames w/ swingweights around 305....maybe the LM2?

anirut
08-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Hi Rei,

Where about are you in Thailand. May be we could talk on the phone. You can email me, clicking my user name.

BTW, if you don't wanna email, here's my phone: read it as in Thai pronunciation of numbers.

>> Soon Neung Sam Jed Ha Kao See Kao Sam <<

Cheers!

newnuse
08-18-2006, 12:32 AM
At 19 years old the racket shouldn't wear you out so easily. It's not that heavy of a racket... like say the Wilson Ncode 6.1 now that's a club.

I'm guessing you are either out of shape, have poor technique or the humid heat is getting to you.

If it's one of those 3 reason, it's not the racket.

Since you already have this racket, I wouldn't go out and buy another. I would work on my technique first. At this stage, I'm not sure if you know what racket would be best for you.

BLiND
08-18-2006, 12:43 AM
You sure its the Diablo MP, and not the Mid?... the MP is fairly low swingweight, and easy to play with, if a little low powered... the Mid is a heavy brut.

If its the MP, stick with it and string it with more powerful strings slightly lower tension.

TheSneakerologist
08-18-2006, 01:30 AM
Save your money and get a coach.

LOL agreed.

Rei
08-18-2006, 02:19 AM
Editted, just watched my stroke video, found an error during impact moment ,
I used my arm too much , didnt shift the mass properly. That afterall may be the cause of this tiresome.

will1087
08-18-2006, 08:33 AM
I used my arm too much , didnt shift the mass properly. That afterall may be the cause of this tiresome.

Put it on youtube. ;)

Alafter
08-19-2006, 06:08 AM

i use the diablo mp too. it's not that good or bad. and i live in thailand as well.

i am tempted yet again to have a game with yet another thai tennis-warehouse community member.

pmata814
08-19-2006, 07:24 AM
I switched to the Diablo MP after my instructor and several TW members suggested I try a heavier frame to improve my strokes (since the lighter frames allow you to cheat). I've only had it for two weeks and so far I love it. I previously played with the O3 Hybrid Hornet MP. The Diablo gives me a much better feel for the ball and because it is so head-light I don't have trouble swinging it on groundstrokes (I'm still working on the serve though). I don't know if it is the new stick or just the couple of lessons I've taken but I have definitely improved my groundstrokes and volleys. Either way I am very happy I made the switch.

newnuse
08-19-2006, 12:42 PM
I switched to the Diablo MP after my instructor and several TW members suggested I try a heavier frame to improve my strokes (since the lighter frames allow you to cheat). I've only had it for two weeks and so far I love it. I previously played with the O3 Hybrid Hornet MP. The Diablo gives me a much better feel for the ball and because it is so head-light I don't have trouble swinging it on groundstrokes (I'm still working on the serve though). I don't know if it is the new stick or just the couple of lessons I've taken but I have definitely improved my groundstrokes and volleys. Either way I am very happy I made the switch.

Hey Pmata,

Good to hear from your in regards to your new stick. Please give us an update when you get more time in with your new racket.

PS: Remembered me getting ripped by several large/light racket nutzis when I backed your decision to get the Diablo: :)

pmata814
08-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Hey Pmata,

Good to hear from your in regards to your new stick. Please give us an update when you get more time in with your new racket.

PS: Remembered me getting ripped by several large/light racket nutzis when I backed your decision to get the Diablo: :)

Hey Newnuse!!

Yes I do remember:p I did plan to post an update but I'd like to play with it a little longer. As it is I've only had it for two weeks and I've hit with it about 4 times. So far I love it though! And I plan to stick with it. I went ahead and bought another one so now I have two;)