PDA

View Full Version : Bancroft

ACK4wd
08-17-2006, 07:10 AM
Has anyone seen or heard of the new Bancroft ACE line? They were a company that made wooden racquets out of RI & went out of buisness for a while. The brand name was purchased by a major sporting goods mfg group. Someone said they are also making modern playable replicas of their old wooden racquets. Has anyone here played with their new line?

TY

LoveThisGame
08-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Do a search in this forum. This came up 1-2 years ago. If I recall correctly, there was not a great feeling about these racquets.

TMR
07-27-2011, 01:26 PM
I have some, the Bancroft ACE (Advanced Carbon Evolution) nano21 in near mint condition, 9/10.
Nice racquet, but too light for me.

Specs on the throat are:
head size: 107 sq in
length: 27 in
frame weight; 260g (9.2oz.)
balance 335mm.
I am guessing the weight is without strings

If there is interest, I can put them for sale in the TW Classifieds

max
07-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Interesting thread; I was wondering the same thing just a few days ago (once I'd noticed the return of Donnay). I used to have a nice Bancroft Super Winner back then. . . I remember looking at the new line a couple of years ago, and wondering to myself, "why so many lightweight frames?"

classic tennis
07-28-2011, 07:10 AM
Interesting thread; I was wondering the same thing just a few days ago (once I'd noticed the return of Donnay). I used to have a nice Bancroft Super Winner back then. . . I remember looking at the new line a couple of years ago, and wondering to myself, "why so many lightweight frames?"

Donnay has not returned two guy's in NY are licencing the name from the supermarket in the UK that owns it, they have nothing to do with Donnay Belgium (as it was).

movdqa
07-28-2011, 07:22 AM
I have a Bancroft Players Special strung with VS. The strings are a little on the loose side though. The last time I used it was probably around 2003.

classic tennis
07-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Pretty sure Harrow Sports in Colorado own the name Bancroft now.