PDA

View Full Version : Vantage OS frame-why so stiff ?

atatu
08-17-2006, 07:23 AM
I just checked out the Vantage OS frame and they are only offeing it in 70RA or 76 RA, which seems crazy to me, my arm would fall off after 20 minutes.

mshinde
08-17-2006, 07:36 AM
I just checked out the Vantage OS frame and they are only offeing it in 70RA or 76 RA, which seems crazy to me, my arm would fall off after 20 minutes.

Did you played with the frame or just looked at the specs?

The RA values on Vantage racquets are ascertained from a racquet that does not have a handle installed, as opposed to other manufacturers who all, I think, measure flex with a handle installed. Therefore, the Vantages have higher RA values, but they should be about 3 points lower after the handle is installed. Therefore, a Vantage 63 is about a 60 and a Vantage 70 is about a 67.

There is very good discussion on this topic:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=110678

atatu
08-17-2006, 07:40 AM
I just looked online. Even a 67 is too stiff for me, unfortunately, 65 is about as stiff as I can go....

mshinde
08-17-2006, 07:54 AM
You can give it a try and use soft multi like X-One Biphase or a gut (if you can afford) at mid tensions... Will also give you a good power boost, unless you are thinking of a control frame.

Vantage has a reasonable demo, you will loose 20$ if you return with in one month of purchase, which is not that bad.

Otherwise there are many OS racquets which you can try depending on your preferences. Tell about your game and your buddies here will definitely help you.

armand
08-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Bwahahah! When choosing weight, check out option X5: 910 ounces! That'd be.....awesome.

Jonnyf
08-17-2006, 09:07 AM
I'd suggest that you e-mail paul (or other vantage staff) and ask about the stiffness etc.

BLiND
08-18-2006, 12:09 AM
Yes the higher flex ratings are probably of-set a large amount by the larger head-size... higher flex accross a bigger area, means it feels less stiff.

But deffinitly email Paul to get the offical line as he designed the racquet!