PDA

View Full Version : wilson ncode nsix-one transition

patrick922
08-17-2006, 08:01 AM
do you think it would be hard for me to adjust to the wilson ncode nsix-one after using the wilson hyper prostaff 6.1. i mean they are both 95 square inces and practically the same mold just different material. so anyone have any input or anyone have this situation;)

SC in MA
08-17-2006, 08:18 AM
The main differences between the two frames are the n61 95 has more pop and is noticeably muted. I also think the n61 95 is easier on the arm. I think the HPS 6.1 has better control and feel.

I made the transition a few years ago and thought it was an easy transition. Back then, if I had control problems with the n61 95, I would switch back to the lower powered HPS 61 without a problem.

pham4313
08-17-2006, 08:27 AM
how can the HPS 6.1 95 has more pop while it has a higher stiffness of 68 vs. 65 of the ncode. I would say the ncode is more dampen and more stable. Might lose some feel though

basil J
08-17-2006, 04:48 PM
I made the transition and found that the ncode had a little more pop and a much larger sweet spot than the HPS 6.1. I went to the 18 x 20 version so the string bed felt a little firmer. It ultimately aggravated a shoulder issue and I had to abandon the frame for a softer flexing racquet, but I thought the ncode was superior all around than the HPS 6.1, just my 2 cents...

tennis_hand
08-17-2006, 06:02 PM
That n61 5 is muted is a true fact. I tried it, and i didn't like it. ncode Tour 90 feels even better than it, although it is supposed to be more demanding than 95.

rooski
08-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Played both extensively...and loved them both. Went to the Ncode version almost 2 years ago because the HPS version eventually hurt my arm. The Ncode 6195 was an easy transition for me.

N6195 vs. HPS6195

Stability: HPS
Overall Power: HPS (I don't care what anybody says, the HPS was a wicked serving stick that I could serve a lot harder with than the Ncode...same on groundies)
Spin: Ncode (obvious but true)
Volleys: HPS (one of the best volleying frames of all time IMHO)
Touch shots: Ncode
Comfort: NCode

patrick922
08-19-2006, 08:23 PM
wow the ncode nsix-one was a good switch from the hps 6.1!! the nsix-one was much more stable. it was the same feel but much more solid. it took no time at all to get use to this frame since it was almost identical to the hps 6.1. the only difference is the more solid thud on contact. :)

rooski
08-20-2006, 07:24 AM
wow the ncode nsix-one was a good switch from the hps 6.1!! the nsix-one was much more stable. it was the same feel but much more solid. it took no time at all to get use to this frame since it was almost identical to the hps 6.1. the only difference is the more solid thud on contact. :)
I don't think you will find anybody else on these boards (including me) that thinks the N6195 is more stable than the HPS version. They have very different feels (N6195 muted, HPS not) but stability wise, the HPS wins. Comfort wise, the N6195 wins. That sound you hear has nothing to do with stability...it's probably from fresh syn gut, which sounds great on any PS61. I used to occasionally hit a serve with my HPS61 and it would sound like a gun shot....same in the N61 :)