PDA

View Full Version : moving to ps 6.0 85??

milo
08-17-2006, 08:41 AM
hi, right now i'm confused is going to the ps 6.0 85 is a right choice. currently i used n6.1 90 (asian version with unstrung weight 320gr) and pro staff tour 90 (asian version with unstrung weight 315gr). Actually i'm quite happy with these rackets but my curiousity of trying ps 6.0 85 (which really2 have good feedbacks on this forum) is really big. i couldn't find one to demo or borrow here. btw, i've no problem changing between this two. usually i changed when i broke strings then i used the other until it break strings and changed back to the other.
maybe i should tell you about my playing styles. i don't know how to rate myself since there's no ntrp rating here. a guy from same country as i do in this board, claimed that he is a 4.0-4.5. when i asked him, he said that he self proclaimed it. i haven't got the time and chance to meet and play with him. i've been playing for over three years. i've competed for my university in a tournament. some win and some loss. so forget about my rating. i've hit with western fh and two handed bh. i can serve, volley, hit groundies well either with my fh or bh. i'm not good at slice though. i'm not a serve and volley guy. i rather hit from a baseline.
is moving to ps 6.0 85 will have benefits on my game? will i like it as my current rackets? is it hard to find the sweetspot? (i've no problem finding with my current rackets)

tnig469
08-17-2006, 08:44 AM
actually...i think the ps 6.0 85...is more for a serve and volley game...u can use it from the baseline but it works best for vollleys...

milo
08-18-2006, 10:08 AM
is it easier to volley with ps 6.0 85 than my current rackets? actually i don't have any complaints against my current rackets but considering ps 6.0 85 (will i like it more). any other comments guys...

MTXR
08-18-2006, 01:02 PM
yes, i found that i hardly ever frame a volley with the 6.0 85 but when i use the ncode 90 or tour 90 i frame a lot of shots because of the balance.

milo
08-19-2006, 06:21 AM
thx. btw i came across a 5grams different between my tour 90 and ncode 90. is it possible if i put lead at 3 and 9 as many as 6grams to make it similar?

enigma54
08-19-2006, 08:11 AM
Milo - where did you get the Asian Ncode Tour 90? I'm looking for one, do you know where I can buy one? Are you in Asia? Thanks!

Dennis Chan
08-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Milo - where did you get the Asian Ncode Tour 90? I'm looking for one, do you know where I can buy one? Are you in Asia? Thanks!

enigma54, what do you like about the ANcode 90? If you have not played with one yet, try to demo a RDS 001 Mid. It has very similar specs as the ANcode 90.

enigma54
08-19-2006, 12:45 PM
enigma54, what do you like about the ANcode 90? If you have not played with one yet, try to demo a RDS 001 Mid. It has very similar specs as the ANcode 90.

Dennis, I haven't tried the ANcode 90, but just got the curiosity bug ;) I'll take a look at the RDS 001 Mid - is that what you use? I just tried the PS 85 today and that thing is not easy to wield. I played one set with it and then switched back to my regular racquet, a FXP Radical Tour, which is about 6 oz lighter but it felt so much lighter! You never know until you try...

Dennis Chan
08-19-2006, 01:09 PM
In order not to hijack milo's post, let me say this first - moving from Asian Ncode 90 and Asian PS Tour 90 to PS 85 will, generally speaking, give you 10% more control. You need the physical strength to handle the 85 as most ppl have already stated.

Dennis, I haven't tried the ANcode 90, but just got the curiosity bug ;) I'll take a look at the RDS 001 Mid - is that what you use? I just tried the PS 85 today and that thing is not easy to wield. I played one set with it and then switched back to my regular racquet, a FXP Radical Tour, which is about 6 oz lighter but it felt so much lighter! You never know until you try...

Back to enigma54. Yes I use all three Wilsons mentioned above, and also the RDS 001 Mid. If the 85 is not easy to wield for you, then the two Asian Wilsons and the Yonex are the best alternatives to try.

LoneGun
08-21-2006, 03:51 AM
PS 85 really isn't that different from n6.1. PS 85 is definately better for volleys, better touches and feel. It's generally better in a slower pace games or in doubles compared to n6.1. However, I think N6.1 is better at counter punching especially from the baseline, it's designed to use your opponent's pace to your advantage. PS 85 just soaked up too much pace from the ball, and that's what's giving you the feel. So if you play a lot of high power servers or baseliners, n6.1 will make your life a lot easier. Otherwise, PS 85 should provide you with more control.

milo
08-24-2006, 10:28 AM

Yes, i do live in Asia. To be exact, Indonesia. N6.1 tour 90 is only $120 here.

milo
08-24-2006, 10:29 AM

Maybe you could try to find some asian N6.1 tour and compare it to ps 6.0 85. I really like to know the differences between those two.

milo
08-24-2006, 10:32 AM
In order not to hijack milo's post, let me say this first - moving from Asian Ncode 90 and Asian PS Tour 90 to PS 85 will, generally speaking, give you 10% more control. You need the physical strength to handle the 85 as most ppl have already stated.

Back to enigma54. Yes I use all three Wilsons mentioned above, and also the RDS 001 Mid. If the 85 is not easy to wield for you, then the two Asian Wilsons and the Yonex are the best alternatives to try.

Have you ever tried those three rackets? How do you compare them unless that ps 6.0 85 gives you 10% more control? (serves, volley, groundstrokes) I really would like to know. Thx before

milo
08-24-2006, 10:35 AM
PS 85 really isn't that different from n6.1. PS 85 is definately better for volleys, better touches and feel. It's generally better in a slower pace games or in doubles compared to n6.1. However, I think N6.1 is better at counter punching especially from the baseline, it's designed to use your opponent's pace to your advantage. PS 85 just soaked up too much pace from the ball, and that's what's giving you the feel. So if you play a lot of high power servers or baseliners, n6.1 will make your life a lot easier. Otherwise, PS 85 should provide you with more control.

Can you tell me where ps 85 provided more control? Is it in all areas? (serves, volleys, groundstrokes)

jasonbourne
08-24-2006, 10:53 AM

I agree with these comments. In addition, you will likely have more confidence on being agressive on service returns with the n6.1 90 than the PS 85.