PDA

View Full Version : Really disappointed with the TW demo

TREX
08-17-2006, 09:47 AM
situation after my call yesterday. I was looking for 4 racquets in the 4 1/2" grip to let my wife demo and they were all out for a period of several days to several weeks.

I have had good experiences with TW to this point and spent some bucks there this year but crap if you want to demo you dont want to wait weeks.

SFrazeur
08-17-2006, 09:52 AM
TW is most likely going to tell you that the demo program is a courtesy, etc.....Demo users will tell you, not to order demos unless they are currently available...

Janne
08-17-2006, 09:59 AM
You should be happy that you actually have to possibility to demo racquets.

FuriousYellow
08-17-2006, 10:11 AM
You should be happy that you actually have to possibility to demo racquets.

Amen. The TW Demo program rocks! It would suck to have to buy a racquet blind.

There are some racquets, especially the new ones, that many people want to try. There are also some racquets where they don't seem to have as many demos.

Don't blame TW. Blame the people who don't return demos when they're due.

anirut
08-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Be thankful that you have the chance to demo.

I don't get a chance to demo at all. I have to go with calculated guesses from the specs (thanks TW) and our kind board members' reviews (thanks all!).

Yes, blame it on the "demoers" for not returning the rackets.

TW Staff
08-17-2006, 10:46 AM
I’m sorry to hear you are not happy with our demo program.

You'd be surprised at how many demos we have per racquet - especially for the popular racquets. However, for racquets like the Prince O3 White, it's so popular that we are unable to keep enough demo stock for everyone, and there can be an extended wait for such popular racquets.

We do our best to keep our demo program running smoothly and on time - and yes, it is a big help when demos are returned promptly.

Chris, TW

milo
08-17-2006, 10:51 AM
yes, i will be grateful if there's one here. the only store that offer demo program really sucks. first, it's only several kind not all. second, you can only demo it in the store (against some kind of wall)

Kevo
08-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Slightly OT, but related. Does anyone know what the difference between waiting and backorder means when looking at the order status on a demo order. I currently have an order for 4 demos in, and the status looks like this:
Waiting 8/16/06
Waiting 8/25/06
Backorder 8/18/06
Waiting 8/24/06

All the dates but one are in the future, but I've got some waiting and some backorder. Just curious.

TREX
08-17-2006, 12:06 PM
have a large hand that requires a grip size around 5 1/8". Try demoing with a 4 3/8" grip. It is absolutely worthless. So I bought on faith and specs and yes I got some information from this forum and the reviews section.

I guess I just expected too much as I had 4 racquets I wanted my wife to try and they were out of every single 1. We will demo from a local shop for 3 of them. No one carries Pro Kennex around here so wont be able to try that one.

Sorry if I ruffled feathers but I was disappointed that not a single one was available.

300Gkid
08-17-2006, 02:09 PM
well, i've had the same problem, when i ordered the racquets it said they would be in stock and ship on the 15th, a day after that one of the racquets isn't supposed to be in till the 22nd. I even canceled a racquet because it wasn't going to be in on time (17th). I have recieved no info FROM TW that says any of my demos were late but on the demo order page they all say they are not in. I am a bit frustrated by the lack of communication in this process. However, after all of that i know i'm lucky that TW even has a service like this and without it i'd be buying blind.

M1KE
08-17-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm having the same problem. I ordered some demoes over 3 weeks ago and the tracking page just shows random dates that have already passed. I ended up ordering a different demo that was available, which will hopefully be good so I can cancel the other order. But as mentioned by others, I thank TW for having a demo program.